PDA

View Full Version : A Tad annoyed

Penny1959
12-08-2012, 04:24 PM
As some of you know I have started a blog and people are now commenting on it.

This afternoon I received a comment whereby the petition was referred to as 'Debbie's' petition.

I am afraid I did not react very well and posted the following reply - which I want you to see because the person who posted the comment is now using this forum and needs to know the facts - but also because I know some of you read it on my blog and be surprised

First Simona – I must correct you the e- petition is not Debbie’s petition – Debbie is the person who submitted it to the Change.org site – after neither I or Debbie had been able to submit it on the government petition site.

Debbie herself acknowledges that she is just the administrator – the one who can input the updates and can see who has signed it.

The idea for this petition came from the childmindinghelp forum when a member asked if we could start one.

I wrote the words and asked for input both on the childmindinghelp forum and on NCMAlocal because right from the start I did not want the petition to ‘belong’ to anyone person – I wanted it to belong to all childminders – I did not want divides between different forums or membership organisations.

As it happens it was my words that were used but they were edited by Debbie.

I find it very hurtful and disrespectful that people refer to it as Debbie’s petition and that NCMA claim it to be linked to them because Debbie is an NCMA member.

I have restrained from commenting on other sites and when NCMA and others have made comment to try and prevent the very divides that I did not want right from the start. However this is my personal blog and honesty is very important to me and so I therefore had to comment on factual detail.

As I say it is not Debbie’s petition – and nor is it mine – it belongs to all childminders. parents, and other professionals who are concerned about the governments plans.

I hope you will understand my reasons for commenting.

As to reviving the petition – there are a lot of people who are being very active and the petition is still be promoted on Facebook and the childmindinghelp forum and via letters still being sent and meetings that are still being arranged.

I am also in contact with John at Change.org discussing the next update on the petition site – as Debbie is currently busy with other things.

We (that is members of the childmindinghelp forum) also have all the forms to deliver the petition to Downing Street and this will be arranged at the most appropriate time to raise awareness of the petition – possibly when it reaches 10,000 signatures.

However we also need to be aware that we need to join together with our colleagues from other Early Years Settings and to acknowledge that wording on the petition only refers to childminders – and so we may need to consider further actions with our colleagues.

Thank you for the link to the Labour party petition.

Ok there you are my cage was rattled - I hope you are all ok woith it because as I say not Debbie's petition and not mine either.

Penny

Penny1959
12-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Just to let you know that Simona has replied on my blog to say - she is aware that the petition was started here.

So that is good news

She also mentioned that she referred to it as Debbie's petition because that is how it is referred to on NCMAlocal - so new cm's can find it. Fair enough - good to sign post to petition - and I know Simona is very proactive in the campaign.

So although an apology was not given and I do not understand why she referred to it as Debbie's petition on my blog (which clearly is not NCMAlocal) I will say no more on the subject

Penny :)

jumpinjen
12-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Penny - you could set your comments to be approved by you before publication, that way you can address issues like this one before they appear on your blog!

Hugs, Jen x

Penny1959
12-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Penny - you could set your comments to be approved by you before publication, that way you can address issues like this one before they appear on your blog!

Hugs, Jen x

Thanks Jen

I do have it set to moderate first posts - but as I also believe in freedom of speech I would prefer people to be able to express opinion. However in this case it was not an opinion being expressed that was the problem - so I may have to reconsider

I do still have the option to delete comment - so will see what - if anything happens now.

Thanks again

Penny :)

jumpinjen
12-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I see - I prefer my opinion on my blog lol...... I get the occasional spam so keep it on, but I only get the odd comment here and there so not really an issue for me - I suppose it's different for you, as yours has more of a political spin to it.... See how it goes! Jen x

The Juggler
12-08-2012, 09:07 PM
penny, sorry you are upset hon. glad Simona has replied. bit cheeky of NCMA to associate themselves with the petition really. Join it but not claim to be associated with it :panic: