PDA

View Full Version : My fault...but why are people so dishonest!

Helen Dempster
12-08-2012, 01:16 PM
I went to a fun day on Friday last week, with 3 mindees and my own DS - ages ranged from 1yr to 6yrs. One of the mindees is only half days so I was rushing to get back home in time for her to be collected, so was a bit stressed, it was very hot etc. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I forgot to put my brand new Mamas and Papas buggy in the car! Didn't even realise til yesterday as I only use it for mindees. Hubby had been shopping and asked me where the buggy was - "in the car" I say. Then the horrible realisation dawned on me, I must've left it in the car park of where I was. So we went there yesterday, only to be told that they HAD found/seen it, had put it underneath a tree thinking someone would be back to collect it. Well, someone DID collect it...just wasn't ME :mad: It had a blanket in the basket, so they knew it hadn't been dumped and belonged to someone. If that was me who found it, I'd have handed it in, wouldn't you?

Am gutted - and feel quite sad that people can just take other people's things like that.

I know it's my own stupid thought, but it's easily done - I will learn from it and move on.

blue bear
12-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Let's hope someone has handed it in, try the local shops, police station etc. may be put up a notice with picture and contact phone number in case some one is holding it safe.
Can you claim on your house insurance.

Some people have no consciouse and think nothing of just helping themselves :crying:

Bluebell
12-08-2012, 01:22 PM
oh no what a shame - do you have a local paper that you could put a request out for it? Someone may have picked it up thinking it was abandoned or maye picked it up to hand it in to a police station thinking it would get weather damaged/stolen if left where it was.
Is such a shame - I hope you get it back x

smurfette
12-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Oh what a shame... Why cant people leave other peoples stuff alone?!!! We had ours stolen from outside the house .. Like that I forgot to bring it in one evening .. Hope u can track it down xx

Maza
12-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Very sorry to hear that. Shame on them - what goes aroung comes around.

christine e
12-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Easily done - I did it with a my new double double (first time used) - put children in car at school and drove off - fortunately someone I knew found it and rang me straight away. I do hope it turns up for you

fingers crossed

Christine

bunyip
12-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Have you contacted the organisers?

Our local playdays are organised by the borough council, who send in a big clean-up team immediately after to deal with the litter. They'd almost certainly pick up a stray buggy, and might have it sitting in store somewhere waiting to be claimed.

lisa1968
12-08-2012, 07:59 PM
..we have several scrap men ( AKA thieving little gits) constantly touring our area..in the last week my sons bike (which was locked up) has been taken from under the front room window whilst we were in, as well as a car radiator.
Not only that, but theyve had a go at hubbys work van.He has ladders fixed to the roof rack with padlocks...they couldn't get the ladders so tried to take the whole blooming roof rack off!!
....could chop their hands off!!

jumpinjen
12-08-2012, 08:12 PM
My graco double was stolen from outside - with a parcel in it that the postman had tucked in there knowing I would find it.... i found the wheels weeks later by the canal - I can only ponder on what happened to my lovely buggy - I wouldn't have minded so much if it was taken by someone really in need but that local kids had pinched it to joyride in then chucked it in the canal really upset me - I still have the carseat that fitted it but no buggy to use it with :(

miffy
12-08-2012, 11:03 PM
That's horrible Helen but worth contacting the organisers, putting up a few posters and seeing if the local paper will run a story - might just prick someone's conscience.

Miffy xx

Velleity
13-08-2012, 07:44 AM
Keep an eye on ebay.

The Juggler
13-08-2012, 01:21 PM
sorry to hear that honey :(

Paulab
13-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Aw how rubbish, I hope it turns up xxx