PDA

View Full Version : HELP up/ down steps with double buggy?

Angela234
12-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Does anybody here have to go up and down steps with a double buggy
I have to to get off our estate or walk down a narrow busy road with no pavement (too dangerous with double buggy)
I have to go down sets of 3, 4 ,6 and 8 steps to get of our estate, a lot of double buggies have the brake in the way and they hit the steps or catch under the lip (on step)
I brought a cheap new centenary buggy have not used getting of estate (as i have had nearly 3 years off ) i now have 3-BABIES 1x 9 mths 2x12 months in Sept (2 most days) my buggy is also very heavy.
Anyone know a good buggy suitable or themselves have to drag up and down steps.
It would have to have either a bar handle or 3 handles as holding two outside handles kills my arms (up and down steps) my single maclaren techno is great but double only has 2 handles.

Thanks in advance

sarah707
12-08-2012, 08:45 AM
I don't know about steps - it's not something I have attempted - but my double Mothercare bounces up quite high kerbs fairly well.

it has the big wheels and as long as you hit it straight on at a bit of a run it goes up... unless you have a very heavy toddler on one side, then it can get a bit silly as you have to get half up and lift the rest.

Having said that it's the best I've ever had :D

The Juggler
12-08-2012, 09:07 AM
i'd not want to bump a double full with children down that many steps hon. Is there no ramp for wheelchairs - surely that is a requirement these days or could you go down the grass next to the steps?

Angela234
12-08-2012, 09:48 AM
i'd not want to bump a double full with children down that many steps hon. Is there no ramp for wheelchairs - surely that is a requirement these days or could you go down the grass next to the steps?

No there's no ramp or anything only other way is down the main road with no pavement

The Juggler
12-08-2012, 09:53 AM
No there's no ramp or anything only other way is down the main road with no pavement

that's awful in this day and age :panic::panic:

Angela234
12-08-2012, 03:42 PM
back when my children were little i had a coach style pram i could push that up and down the road as a lot less traffiic now we get a steady flow of cars ans lorrries and down the bottom is a sharp bend so you can't see whats coming. I will go down that way with single mainly if i don't have toddlers in tow.
Weather i should look at PHILS AND TED?
I do hate the steps

marnieb
12-08-2012, 05:05 PM
i love my p & t sport. I've had a maclaren side by side and a graco tandem previously, but the p & t is by far the easiest to do the school runs with. That many steps would be a nightmare with anything tho, especially when the weather turns foul.

smurfette
12-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Phil and teds ok going down steps but not great up them ESP with a heavy ish toddler underneath! Hate steps with it! Had a graco stadium duo that I found ok up steps though it's long so would depend on depth of steps .. That's an awful conundrum!

AliceK
13-08-2012, 07:05 AM
The double Nipper is easy to go down steps (I do it regularly at nursery), it's easy to get up steps but can be heavy with 2 LO's in.

xxxx

Angela234
14-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Thanks for all your replies I do hate the steps now always afraid i'll tip foward with double.

Now bordering on the idea of phil and teds and going the road way i do go that way with single buggy sometimes this ones not that much wider

Which phil and ted do you prefer? I can't affoord too much as just getting back to work.