PDA

View Full Version : variation question

mama&baba
11-08-2012, 02:40 PM
afternoon all :)

i'm registered for 5 children under 8, with no nore than 2 under school age as my own child is 2yrs old.
I am taking on 2 babies 1 day a week, which would then make me full on that day, the question is... if i had another enquiry for that day as well as other days, would i be able to get a variation?

thanks

sarah707
11-08-2012, 05:12 PM
It's probably best to speak directly to your CSSIW inspector - they tend to give advice depending on how long you have been minding, your experience, the space available in your house etc.

I'd give them a call on Monday and ask a few hypothetical questions :D

manjay
15-08-2012, 07:54 AM
CSSIW on the whole are very strict about only allowing variations for continuity of care and not for new business. Of course there is nothing stopping you taking on a child for the days where you have a space then later on requesting a variation so they can increase their days. However you will always need to stay under six under 8's (including your own child).

CSSIW are undergoing a process of modernisation currently and they are releasing details of this in early September. This may well see the process of requesting variations change.

aly
15-08-2012, 09:05 AM
I wouldn't hold out much hope....I'm still waiting for myself since June and my daughter has turned 5!!