PDA

View Full Version : Parents frequently asked questions?...

ZoeM
11-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Hello....
I have finally got a call about a parent wanting to visit me :clapping:
Now the panic starts!!!!!

I was going to put a list together of parents frequently asked questions so that I have a list of things I do not forget to say, or things the parents have not asked yet!

I am looking for all your help!!!! What questions have parents asked you when they have come to visit????

Want to be as organised as possible!

Thanks in advance :D

melco
11-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi,

I have only ever written down questions I have for them, remember you are interviewing them as well.

Most of the time the policies that I give them answer their questions, but mostly asked are how much I charge? What they need to supply? (for younger ones) What food I give them. How long I have been childminding. Even though for me its only been since February I always say childminding is always something that I wanted to do and all the other experience I have working with children.

I have out my references for them to look at and my about me sheet for them to take with them which again has my prices etc so if there is anything they may have forgotten to ask it should be on there and my contact details so they can contact me when they have decided.

Can not think of anything else at the mo.

Hope this helps and good luck!!

melco

Angela234
11-08-2012, 08:05 PM
I show parent our photo album of activities we do
Policies, references, my qualifications

I keep a little list of question to ask them also list remining me to show and tell parents things

Good luck

smurfette
11-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Think the above just about covers it! Just wanted to say good luck!

miffy
11-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Just think if you were looking for childcare what questions would you ask?

Good luck, hope it goes well

Miffy xx

BucksCM
12-08-2012, 12:27 AM
A question I was asked by the latest set of parents was...
"do you do anything else in the day apart from look after the children?"
Like what?

Have to say and I did say to the father "In all my years i have never been asked that question"

I may wash up, clean up, prepare the evening meal and if all that is done may even have my own lunch and read a book!

Most of it has been covered above. Personally, I always let the parent know that our first meeting is for a "good chat" and then a second meeting for all the paperwork etc.

rickysmiths
12-08-2012, 05:40 AM
A question I was asked by the latest set of parents was...
"do you do anything else in the day apart from look after the children?"
Like what?

Have to say and I did say to the father "In all my years i have never been asked that question"

I may wash up, clean up, prepare the evening meal and if all that is done may even have my own lunch and read a book!

Most of it has been covered above. Personally, I always let the parent know that our first meeting is for a "good chat" and then a second meeting for all the paperwork etc.

This is what I do as well.

I always tell parents about my holidays, not when they are, but that my main annual holidays are always taken in the school holidays. dh is a teacher and we have one school age ds. I do this so they know from the beginning as I know it doesn't suit everyone.
I have photos up on the wall and a digital frame that I have on.
I have a parent Info Folder with my Policies etc in and I have a folder with past and present parent letters and comments.

As others have said, it is important to remember you are interviewing the parents as well. I have a check list which I start to fill in when they first ring me, it may seem obvious but I find if they ring when I am busy i forget to ask basic questions!! so I have these in a folder on my table with a pen tucked in so if I get a call they are at hand instead of using a scrapy bit of paper that gets lost! They have on them:

Date and time of call, Name, address and post code, home and mobile phone numbers, email, name and DOB of child, Days and times care is needed, when they want care to start.

I always get an address so I can pop a brochure around to them before their visit, I find it helpful to see where they are and possibly just introduce myself so they don't feel they are coming to a strangers house and it has reduced the no shows to virtually zero. I get the childs DOB and times so I can double check when it is quieter that I can actually fit them in and the form starts to build a picture of what the parents needs are. I then continue to fill in this form when they come to see me. Filling in work place and partners details. I have a little check list on the bottom of the things I want to tell them so i don't forget.

marnieb
12-08-2012, 07:08 AM
Recently I've been asked more about illness - if me or my kids are ill & I'm unable to work - I have had 1 sick day off in 3 years, but I always tell them about my friend who has 2 assistants so she would be able to cover for me if necessary.

notts
12-08-2012, 08:16 AM
After the introductions, I give parents my portfolio and also a take-away diluted version of it. I say feel free to puruse my portfolio while I tell you a little bit about myself which I do, my past experiences, my setting etc etc.

I then ask if they have any questions, some are around price, I tell them broad pricing but also say it is in your take-away which it is. I've been asked about behaviour management and hours of work, oh and holidays.

I've found some go on and some very brief. I've even had my own children fall asleep!!!! but the way I see it is, I'm not minding, we need to interview each other so I take a lead from them in terms of timespan.