PDA

View Full Version : managing behaviour

Amanda
12-06-2008, 06:41 PM
I am minding two 16mth old boys. When I allow them to play on their own they push and shove at each other. Today one child bit the other. Normally I ignore the pushing and shoving but for the biting I sat the child on the floor and ignored him while I comforted the one who had been hurt.

I have never had a biter before and was wondering does anyone have any tips on what to do should this happen again.

Amanda

sarah707
12-06-2008, 06:50 PM
What does the family do? You really need to follow their lead on this one, with children so young...

Having said that, if the family don't deal with it then you are right to make it clear to the child it's unacceptable in your house.

They will learn quickly with time out that they cannot get away with that sort of behaviour for you!!

At least with siblings, you've only got one set of parents involved for the accident / incident form signing :D

Trouble
12-06-2008, 07:41 PM
What does the family do? You really need to follow their lead on this one, with children so young...

Having said that, if the family don't deal with it then you are right to make it clear to the child it's unacceptable in your house.

They will learn quickly with time out that they cannot get away with that sort of behaviour for you!!

At least with siblings, you've only got one set of parents involved for the accident / incident form signing :D

well said:clapping:

brillminder
12-06-2008, 08:46 PM
sounds like you did the right thing good luck :)

miffy
12-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Sounds like you dealt with it pretty well

Did you have a chat with the parents? What did they say?

As Sarah says you need to work with them on this

miffy xx

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 10:22 PM
I look after 2 children almost the same age

The little boy has started to do this to the little girl hes also started to slap her really hard around the head

I do what you do

I spoke to parent and she said he does not do it at home ( although his older brother said that he does )

I would speak with parents so you both have the same rules so not to confuse him

But you sound like you are coping ok

Good luck let us know what happens

Angel xx

jaja
14-06-2008, 03:00 PM
how did you get on with the parents? u sound like u dealt with it well xx