PDA

View Full Version : Quick advice please..

lucyD
11-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Lady coming this morning to sign contracts..children are starting on Monday! Now I have emailed mum to ask her to bring cash deposit as its such short notice but she has not acknowledged email so not sure she will bring it with her. If not what do I do? Would you sign contract with no cash? Or sign & say it has to be brought on Monday otherwise I will not be taking children. She also needs my ofsted number for TC but do not want to give this until I have the money.

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks ladies

Penny1959
11-08-2012, 07:17 AM
If I have one that starts with less than 2 weeks notice - it is full months payment on signing of contract.

I would not sign contract without full payment.

Stick to you guns - parent can also nip to a cash machine and then come back o you - with money - and then sign contract.

Do not be fooled by a sob story

Penny :)

clareelizabeth1
11-08-2012, 07:17 AM
I think If she did not have the money I would write in the contract and say need it first thing on Monday or you will have to send them away. I think it's always best to be firm from the start when it comes to money.

As for your number say that you are unable to give it until contract has been fully completed I.e. money is in your hand. You could say it is an OFSTED rule as so many have been used wrongly. That way you cover your self and arnt seen as a bad guy.

miffy
11-08-2012, 07:48 AM
If I have one that starts with less than 2 weeks notice - it is full months payment on signing of contract.

Stick to you guns - parent can also nip to a cash machine and then come back o you - with money - and then sign contract.

I am with Penny on this one.

If she turned up on Monday without the payment you are then in the awkward position of having to turn her away.

Miffy xx

blue bear
11-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Surely you live close enough to a cash point that she can nip off and get you at least some of the money to hold the place? No deposit no contract.

Kiddleywinks
11-08-2012, 08:11 AM

Agreed, no deposit, no contract :thumbsup:

lucyD
11-08-2012, 09:10 AM
As I thought, thank you peeps

Here's hoping she actually turns up lol

notts
11-08-2012, 09:44 AM
I would sign but put the first paymnet due date as Monday and if it's not brought on Monday, dont accept the child but I would stress this as your signing.

Christi
11-08-2012, 12:07 PM
How did it go?

lucyD
11-08-2012, 01:03 PM
I BLOOMIN KNEW IT!! As I suspected, she said she hadn't seen email I sent as king for the deposit! We did paperwork & filled out contracts but when we got to the weekly fee PER CHILD she said is that per child or for both!! LOL When I said that it was each she was just like 'OH' I said it was therefore double that for the deposit as I stated in email. She said well thats probably going to be a problem, can I give it to you end of the week, I said no. She then asked if she could just pay £100 (should be £187.50) so I asked when she could give me the other 87.50 & she said she didn't know..gave it the old sob story as in I can only pay you when tax credits pay me etc. I said that she would have to ring them & see what they can do for her. I think its a ****** cheek...if she doesn't have money this week, how will she find it for the following week etc if TC don't pay her quickly! She MUST have known my hourly rate was for each child?! I dunno..parents hey
Now what?? My feeling is the whole amount or no childcare otherwise she will think I am a pushover

notts
11-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Full fee or nothing, like you say, how will she pay next week etc. you may be better off without them.

It seems most childcarers have this problem. Out of my 3, I've had to chase 2 for advance payments. And that's advance! I'm not doing arrears with anyone!

rickysmiths
11-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Full Deposit and full fee or nothing!

AliceK
11-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Now I must be soft because if I have a parent starting immediately or very quick I don't take a deposit. My deposits are used to hold a space not needed / available for a while and this deposit I then offset against the 1st months invoice which is always due in advance. So in your case I would be asking for the full weekly fee by drop off on Monday but I wouldn't ask for a deposit as well. Not sure if that's what you are doing, sorry. I agree that if she can't pay the full weekly fee upfront that's not your problem. It's not our problem when TC's pay. Full fee's or no care.

xxxx

primula
11-08-2012, 06:18 PM
I only would bother with a deposit to hold a place if i had a vacancy but each childminder is different, i am a bit soft really i guess and i have had parents that have had to sort out money for childcare either with new jobs, getting paid monthly, tax credits, college and uni! i have only ever had one parent in over 20 years that tried to turn me over.. some people do struggle finacially but some do try it on!

smurfette
11-08-2012, 08:49 PM
I don't take a deposit either and expect full payment at start of week , could you do this?

The Juggler
11-08-2012, 08:58 PM
i think in this case I would forgo a deposit but I would definately expect a full months fees upfront. :thumbsup:

lucyD
12-08-2012, 09:29 AM
No no I am not asking for a deposit, just a week fee upfront to pay for the last week in the summer holidays. So that I then ask for payment again next week, but the last week no payment as she already paid...if that makes sense?

She still hasn't contacted me to say that she can pay it or not. I am now expecting her to just turn up monday. If she does not have the full fee in cash I am going to turn them away..or she will come with a cheque,not what I wanted to do but I told her & it is not my fault she has left it late etc I feel if I fold it will be her taking advantage again & I want to start as I mean to go on.

Surely before you take a job, you work out how much childcare will be etc, not leave until 2 days beforehand. Apparantly TC pay monthly so how is she evr going to pay me on time! Its very odd & I feel she is trying it on. Tempted to just call her today & say she should find someone else :(