PDA

View Full Version : What would you do

Straws
12-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Hi all

I have a lady wanting before and after school, but other childminders have warned me she is a bad payer. What would you do, would you give her a chance?

Straws xx

FizzysFriends
12-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Depends on how well you know the people that are warning you.

How about giving her a chance but making her pay by DD in advance with a no payment no childcare policy?

Spangles
12-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Fizzy's advice sounds good to me.

As long as it's just the paying that's the problem then you could give it a go and make sure you're really strict with her.

She would probably go for it if other childminders are being warned off - she's probably desperate!

nell57
12-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi not sure about this one. Go with your gut instincts. Do you normally have 4 weeks settling in period, if so see how it goes with that.

How are you, did it go ok with your inspection

Helen

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 06:17 PM
I always like to judge people myself

Might be she is a bad payer so just be aware of it and plan ahead

Payments in advance

Late fees if she does not pay on time

Suspend childcare if she has not paid 5 days after her due date and dont have the child back until she pays

Have all this in writing and get her to sign so she is aware of it

Just explain that you are extra careful due to late payers in the past making you late with your own bills

just ideas but start the way you mean to go on

Good luck

Angel xx

Straws
12-06-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm good thanks Helen, hope your ok, my inspection went well but inspector said not to discuss it untill its published and I have the hard copy I can't even tell my parents.:(

Straws x

nell57
12-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeh they do tell you that. I know someone from trentham having their first inspection tommorow, she really nervous, more so cus its fri the 13th

Helen

miss muffit
12-06-2008, 06:21 PM
you have had some good advice already :D

i would give a chance :)

flora
12-06-2008, 07:12 PM
I think give her a go.

I have a mum who I was warned was very unreliable. And to a point she is :laughing:

Before I minded her kids she bought hay off us. She bought 100 bales and then said could we store them. I said yes as long as you pay upfront we wil store them. Didn' t think much could go wrong, but she was always messing about and never turning up to collect when she siad she would be down in half hour that sort of thing:angry:

Anyway, when she asked me to have her kids I have to admit I did think twice but I have set out good ground rules and although she isn't perfect with payment etc, she is ok.

So give her a go, you have your get out clause after the settling in period. What have you to loose? I also get her to pay upfront. this def helps :thumbsup:

Banana
12-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Good advice from Angel.

Give it a go, but be strict from the begining and there shouldnt be a problem. No fee's means no care!

x

Trouble
12-06-2008, 08:13 PM
weekly upfront and a 2 month settling in with a 1 weeks notice in case

good luck

littletreasures
12-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Give it a go, but definitely get money in advance!!

littletreasures

miffy
12-06-2008, 08:57 PM
I'd give it a chance but take one month's deposit up front and weekly payment in advance - payable on the Friday for the week beginning the following Monday.

Good luck

miffy xx

disney
13-06-2008, 06:04 AM
i think most has been said , i take payment in advance now with all my new ones . all the best x

jaja
13-06-2008, 01:30 PM
good luck, hope everything works out for you xxxxx