PDA

View Full Version : My bargain

desiderata
09-08-2012, 05:39 PM
went to Ikea today to pick up some more storage and decided on a shelving unit asked the man to help locate it so he loaded it onto trolley all the pieces I needed dd decided she needed a two drawer chest and we bought some other bits and pieces. Went to check out and they scanned the stuff and dd dealt with the paying whilst I went in food shop. Came home built shelving and then decided I wanted a table they had got so got out receipt to phone them to see if they still had it. well when I looked at the receipt I nearly died. the shelving I bought should have been £80 they have only charged me for the extra shelves !! I feel awfull as I have only paid £20 I wasnt at the checkout so didnt realise and dd had no idea what the price was so when the bill came to £88 didnt think anything of it. I feel in one way quite happy with a bargain but guilty too cos if i hadgone to checkout i would have realised :(( stilll benn ringing them now for 2 hours and getting the same answer "you are at position 7 in the queue perhpas they dont want me back!!

Penny1959
09-08-2012, 05:58 PM
I always find these sort of things difficult - my morals don't like it. However you did nothing wrong and the mistake was on their part- so make the most of your bargain

Penny :)

JulieA
10-08-2012, 08:53 AM
I agree with Penny - it wasn't intentional on your part. Reminds me of an incident in Mothercare a few years ago. I had my baby in the trolley and a load of big bits in the trolley - put everything through the checkout and went out to the car park. I unloaded the trolley and as I lefted my daughter out of the seat I noticed the dress I had picked up and hung on the little hook at the front. I was mortified and went dashing back into the store to pay for it. The cashier looked at me strangely and said 'Oh don't worry about it, it's only £8, thanks for your honesty though!"

bunyip
10-08-2012, 09:10 AM
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste...."

Rather than wasting time and money in a 'phone queue, I'd either email them or sort it out next time I'm in the store.

:clapping:Your honesty is commendable - and you're not creating a serious cashflow problem before your next trip to IKEA.

FussyElmo
10-08-2012, 09:35 AM
I always find these sort of things difficult - my morals don't like it. However you did nothing wrong and the mistake was on their part- so make the most of your bargain

Penny :)

I agree :thumbsup: