PDA

View Full Version : quick help please folks

mushpea
09-08-2012, 04:13 PM
I have a lady coming in less than an hour she wants 2 days one week then 3 days the next week but taking up 5 days in total how do I charge for this? I did think charge the 3 days a week to be fair to us both but work is thin on the ground and childminders are empty in this area so I am begining to think just charge for what she comes for but then I am out doing myself, what would you all do?
she also said she may be going full time but not untill her partner finds a job so no idea when or if that will actutual happen

VINASOL
09-08-2012, 04:19 PM
oops sorry

margimum
09-08-2012, 04:42 PM
How about full for the days she uses and a half fee retainer for the other days? Then she can be confident that she will be accommodated when she needs a full time place. HTH

boxtree7
09-08-2012, 04:44 PM
I probably would probably contract for 3 days then other 2 days as extra.

Mouse
09-08-2012, 05:00 PM
As you need work & it's thin on the ground I would start by saying that many cms would charge for the full week as you need to keep the space free all week. But, as you would really like to work with her, you are happy to contract just 3 full days a week. It makes it sound like she's getting a real bargain!

I'd also explain that if someone else came along wanting the other spaces, you may have to consider charging a half fee retainer for the other 2 days. Again though, this is a special amount for her as most would charge full fee :thumbsup:

Good luck!

Kiddleywinks
09-08-2012, 05:03 PM
How about full for the days she uses and a half fee retainer for the other days? Then she can be confident that she will be accommodated when she needs a full time place. HTH

That was my first thought, (I would imagine your local minders would also be offering that anyway) however, if work is really thin and she doesn't look like she's happy with that, I'd offer to withdraw the retainer and do pay as you go, until such a time as you need to turn work away at which point you'll offer her first refusal...

mushpea
09-08-2012, 06:34 PM
As you need work & it's thin on the ground I would start by saying that many cms would charge for the full week as you need to keep the space free all week. But, as you would really like to work with her, you are happy to contract just 3 full days a week. It makes it sound like she's getting a real bargain!

I'd also explain that if someone else came along wanting the other spaces, you may have to consider charging a half fee retainer for the other 2 days. Again though, this is a special amount for her as most would charge full fee :thumbsup:

Good luck!

this is exactly what I did in the end thanks Mouse, she was pleased with this idea to as she wanted to send him on the extra third day so her OH could do some diy although he didnt seem so keen on this:laughing:
it went very well but she is across the other side of town from me and i get the feeling she wants somone closer for when he goes to school althoug he is only 1yrold!
well we will see what happens,, as it is I have another parent visiting saturday afternoon so prehaps things are picking up a bit at long last.

jumpinjen
09-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Good luck for getting one of them!!

Seems odd not to want to work full time whilst her OH isn't working - you'd think they'd need the money more now than when he is?

Hope she uses you!

Jen x