PDA

View Full Version : Can't find Home Insurance, please help

aliwali
08-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Hi
I am currently trying to change my home insurance to cover my childmiding but I am hitting a brick wall. I read here that a few people use Tesco, but I just called them and yes they cover childminders but they put an exclusion in the policy to say that they don't cover for accidental damage during any hours you are actually childminding!!!!

Does anyone know of any companies that 100% cover for accidental damage 24hours a day?

Thanks

QualityCare
08-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Not covering for accidental damage is a common factor as soon as you mention you are a childminder I use Bluefin for mine not sure if morton michel do contents cover l think its just a case of ringing around some-one on here will come up with others.

blue bear
08-08-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm with morton michel, they were the cheapest even after price comparison on the Internet. They are really good on the phone and price match

funemnx
08-08-2012, 05:38 PM
My hubby found Sainsbury's was a good deal :thumbsup:

loocyloo
08-08-2012, 06:01 PM
i'm with tesco and i'm sure we are covered for accidental damage when i am working. ( just checked and he thinks i'm covered when i am working, just not for damage caused my mindees )

although i think the public liability insurance covers damage by minded children?

sarah707
08-08-2012, 06:04 PM
We use Churchill and we are covered for accidental damage... best to ring round, the online price comparison sites don't cover childminders :D

appleblossom
08-08-2012, 07:01 PM
I use Bluefin (the one that was originally "Homeminder" and also did "Motorminder" for car insurance). I've shopped around and tried Morton Michel too, but to get accidental damage cover and decent cover for our bicycles (we have lots of them and worth more than most companies cover for) I always end up with Bluefin.

SJ35
08-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Hi, I use the co op for our contents insurance. They cover me for accidental damage 24/7
Stacey

CH1957
08-08-2012, 09:24 PM
I use Direct Line, they have covered me for accidental damage.

rickysmiths
08-08-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm with Churchill and have been for years.

lynncjt
09-08-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm with Churchill too after seeing them recommend by others on here.

JCrakers
09-08-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm with Tesco and Im covered for accidental damage whilst minding....Well I ****** hope I am :angry:

I shall have to go and check now.But I know I wouldn't have taken it out if i wasnt covered

VINASOL
09-08-2012, 10:07 AM
I have my house insurance with Morton Michel.

hectors house
09-08-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm with Aviva from both buildings and contents - I'm not covered for damage done by mindees - but I'm paying half what some companies quoted for accidental damage, so I'll take my chances. Have had house and contents insurance for 30 years and never claimed and even if you do try to claim they always try to wriggle out of paying you anything back!

LChurch
09-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Hi I was with Bluefin but was horrified by the renewal quotes so did a ring round and have now gone with another company onecall I think, only in the last couple of days mind you! They cover for accidental damage, it is a bit of a complicated mindfield though insurance for childminders isn't it!

tialil
09-08-2012, 07:33 PM
We have ours contents with Nationwide building society. They cover breakages by chilminded children.
We had a review for our mortgage with them last year and they reviewed our insurance at the same time. The adviser at our branch was not 100% sure if the new policy they had to offer us covered childminders so he rung his advisor and they confirmed yes. So kiddies covered and saved £10 a month :thumbsup:

watgem
10-08-2012, 05:34 AM
we use direct line xxx

christine e
10-08-2012, 05:48 AM
i'm with tesco and i'm sure we are covered for accidental damage when i am working. ( just checked and he thinks i'm covered when i am working, just not for damage caused my mindees )

although i think the public liability insurance covers damage by minded children?

Public Liability insurance covers your liability to others during the course of your work as a childminder so that if you are held responsible for damage or injury to a child or a child's property you would be covered it does not cover a child damaging your property.

I am with Zurich for my house contents and they cover me for accidental damage and I have an endorsement on the policy schedule stating that I am a childminder running a business from home.