PDA

View Full Version : Just sent mindee home

son77
12-06-2008, 12:59 PM
He has nits!!

I wasnt sure what to do I haven't come across this yet.

I phoned mum & told her to collect him (didn't give her a choice!) & when she arrived she said she'd take him to the chemist for their advice, went to leave without mindee's bag. So I picked it up & gave it her, she looked at me & said, oh, wots your policy on this? I said he can come back tomorrow if he's been treated.

She wasn't funny really but I'm glad I stuck to my guns because it would of been so easy to say bring him back after the chemist.

Now I have to clean, wash & hoover everything, I feel so dirty & itchy, it's horrible.

chubbymummy
12-06-2008, 01:01 PM
oh no you've made me itch now!!!!!

why does that happen?

Rubybubbles
12-06-2008, 01:01 PM
ewwwwwwwwww

what did she expect you to do? looks like another policy for you haha

charleyfarley
12-06-2008, 01:06 PM
oh no you've made me itch now!!!!!

why does that happen?

Me too!!!!! I'm dreading Charley or Mitchell getting them as we are constantley getting letters from school to say someone has them again.

Carol xx

foxy lady
12-06-2008, 01:08 PM
oooooohhhh
scratch scratch
better get on with a new policy then:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kindredspirits
12-06-2008, 02:06 PM
oh can i write a nits policy?? they told me on ICP that it wasn't allowed to exclude because of nits as its not a diesease?!?! yuk, my SD used to get them all the time and pass them around, thank god she's past that age! :eek:

katickles
12-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Good on you for sticking to your guns.

If you have the child at your house while they have nits then you are just going to keep passing it around. I agree that the child should not come back until they have been treated.

:)

miffy
12-06-2008, 02:56 PM
oh can i write a nits policy?? they told me on ICP that it wasn't allowed to exclude because of nits as its not a diesease?!?! yuk, my SD used to get them all the time and pass them around, thank god she's past that age! :eek:

Hmmm that's said about lots of things including conjunctivitis!

But it's your home, your business and you make the rules

I wouldn't have a child with nits until they had been treated

Well done for standing your ground

miffy xx

sarah707
12-06-2008, 03:29 PM
I don't exclude for nits because I know with some children they'd never be here!!

I just tell parents and check the next day the child has been treated.

But as the others say, it's your house, your rules... :D

miffy
12-06-2008, 09:12 PM
I don't exclude for nits because I know with some children they'd never be here!!

Yuck - that made me itch again :panic:

miffy xx

Cazz
12-06-2008, 10:18 PM
They don't exclude from school anymore so it's no wonder it keeps going around! Do you remember the nit nurse? I can remember at Junior School many years ago (!) she checked your hair and you were either told to stand in a line near the wall or go back to class! If you were in a line then you had nits and as long as there were only a few she phoned your parent and drove you home herself! And yes I did have them one time, I was so embarrassed :blush: but also pleased to get the rest of the day off school!

These days they're not allowed to check hair and a teaching assistant told me that they can't single out a child even if they obviously have nits (i.e. scratching furiously or they can see them!) by contacting the parents - they can only send a general letter home advising that everyone check their childrens hair! Some don't bother so it just carries on going around :angry:

I agree that it's your home and you don't want your own family getting them so you did the right thing :thumbsup:

Carole x

jaja
13-06-2008, 01:40 PM
my ds was at one school and he was always getting them:angry: , then we changed schools and hes not had any more. They are horrible, and parents that leave their children with them get me really :angry:

son77
13-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks.

He's back today & appears nit free!!

Blaze
13-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Hmmm that's said about lots of things including conjunctivitis!

But it's your home, your business and you make the rules

I wouldn't have a child with nits until they had been treated

Well done for standing your ground

miffy xx

Same... I exclude for nits, conjuctivis etc...my house, my rules & if anyone doesn't like it then they can lump it or go elsewhere & I told my inspector this when I was inspected & she agreed with me!:clapping: