PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance through M-michel..

Jelly Baby
08-08-2012, 02:07 PM
My car insurance runs out at the end of this month. I was always on my ex hubbys insurance before we split so the premiums were cheaper than now but went on my own a year ago. I have now gained 2 years no claims (1+1free) anyway was paying over £700 and have managed to get it to half. I have just had my M-michel renewal through for my liability insurance and noticed they do car insurance and wondered how many of you have it and if they are comparable in price? Have done an online quote but they have said they will let me know in 7 days? also not sure of a couple of Q-s like when i passed my test etc?!
If anyones got it id'e be interested to hear what it's like.

Thanks

Kiddleywinks
08-08-2012, 02:32 PM
The date you passed your test is on your licence ;)

I am disgusted with my previous insurer... the premium went up so much in the space of a year I couldn't believe it (Fully comp and no previous claims, not including business use)
I went with MM and the premiums are less than I was paying before the proposed increase from the old insurer - and I now have business use too - Go figure!

hectors house
08-08-2012, 03:00 PM
I don't pay much for car insurance as have been driving nearly 30 years and have max no claims, I asked Morton Michel for a quote and it was more than double the renewal from current insurer. But just asked current insurer broker how much to put 17 year old learner daughter on policy and they said company we are with now won't insure her! It pays to shop around with the comparison sites make sure you ring up to check prices are for Business Use.

sarah707
08-08-2012, 05:00 PM
I have always had competitive quotes from MM for all our cars including Jap imports :D

LittleLegsCM
08-08-2012, 07:25 PM
I got a quote from mm end of last month as mine expires beginning of September. It was cheaper than what Im paying now which is just normal fully comp and mm was obviously business but then Sheila's wheels (still as business ins) came out loads cheaper than mm so I'll probably be going with SWs this year x

karen m
08-08-2012, 07:43 PM
I am with MM ,bit dearer than previous but have business cover ,so worthwhile

samb
08-08-2012, 09:46 PM
I have been with MM for past 2 renewals. They have been competitive. I pay monthly. MM did not charge a deposit fee and then payments are over 10 months. The next cheapest company (whish was one I hadn't heard of) qouted £2 more a month and a deposit of £75! If you need the quote quicker then you can phone them - they are very good on the phone - and no waiting for ages in a calling queue!

rickysmiths
08-08-2012, 10:06 PM
I was with MM for a year and their renewal quote was so much higher this year I was shocked. I have been driving for 39 years with a totally clean licence, 3 accidents two of which we my own fault and involved no other car!

I went to Tesco in April who were less then MM premium for the previous year!

Worth shopping around a lot of insurers do business cover for cms. :thumbsup:

blue bear
09-08-2012, 06:09 AM
Have been withmmfor nearly three years,last years renewal quote was very high, I rang and told them I'd found it cheaper else where and they price matched.

rickysmiths
09-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Have been withmmfor nearly three years,last years renewal quote was very high, I rang and told them I'd found it cheaper else where and they price matched.

They offered me that but didn't offer any discount before I told them the others I had got so i wouldn't give them the business. I didn't see why they should get the business when they hadn't offered any discount until others had. :angry: