PDA

View Full Version : what next??? when do i apply to ofsted?

Rachael's stars
08-08-2012, 01:28 PM
hi just after a bit of advice, iv finished my cypop5 course at college, and iv done my food hygiene, im wanting to be registered by november or december at latest and im not really sure what would be best to do next? do i wait until iv done my first aid, or send of to ofsted before hand?

theres still a few bits i need to buy like a room devider for my kitchen dinner and some other bits and pieces, hopeing i can get enough overtime at work so i can afford these bits in time,

also, when and how do i do my CRB's and health check? are they done the same time i apply to ofsted?

any help or tips would be fab as im worried im never guna get registered at this rate x:blush:

sarah707
08-08-2012, 05:04 PM
I suggest you ring Ofsted and ask their advice!

0300 123 1231

They seem to be asking for everyone to have completed all the paperwork first - first aid, doctors check, CRB etc...

Good luck! :D

Wikipedia.
10-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Good morning,

You must submit the EYC form to become a registered Childminder, following the reciept of this you will receive a confirmation letter to show this, attached with a Disclosure Application Form in order for a CRB check to be carried out on you, you'll receive a Health Declaration Booklet which your GP will need to sign off to confirm you're fit and healthy to work with children. You'll need to supply Ofsted with a copy of your First Aid Certificate and a couple of character references, Ofsted will send off a Social Services check to see if you have been known to them. Furthermore, Ofsted need to know of any household members, assistants or regular visitors to the property and they will need to complete EY2 forms so that a CRB and a Social Services check can be carried on them also. During the registration process you will receive a Registration visit to ensure your home is ready to house children.

**Please note, you must have completed the Local Authority approved training course.

Seperate to the pack you will receive an invoice for the annual fee of £35.00

-Wiki.