PDA

View Full Version : medication

childminder54
12-06-2008, 12:48 PM
ive just come to fill out my ncma form giving medication do u get parents to put time rhey last gave as stated
2/ im only giving it for three days do i then use another sheet next time he has medication as it seems a waste of a sheet.
3/ second child twice a day for two days tixylix

how do u fill them in
thanks veronicaxx

sarah707
12-06-2008, 01:09 PM
I've never used ncma medication forms but I know that you definitely need to know when it's been given by parents - so you're not overdosing...

Then you need to sign to say time you've given it and get the parents to confirm.

If it was 2 doses during a day, I would use the same form... but not for 2 days, then I would use different ones because the parent would need to enter another time of when they last gave the medication.

Hope that helps! :D

miffy
12-06-2008, 03:07 PM
I'm a bit confused by that

I have one sheet for each child - I enter the date, name of medicine/dosage, time/amount last dose given and by whom etc etc - parent signs to confirm it all

I use this form until all the space has been used up whether it's one/two days, two weeks or two months so don't understand why that's not OK.

Am I missing something?

miffy xx

sarah707
12-06-2008, 03:30 PM
I did say I'd never used ncma forms!! I was just saying how I did it...

Are they very different? :rolleyes:

miffy
12-06-2008, 04:20 PM
I did say I'd never used ncma forms!! I was just saying how I did it...

Are they very different? :rolleyes:

I don't know Sarah I'm not using NCMA forms either :)

Have just sent an answer to your pm

miffy xx

childminder54
12-06-2008, 09:20 PM
there are 22 lines on one sheet this page may not be filled up say in a year or more so when do u give the copy of this form???
it doesnt say

thanks veronica

sarah707
13-06-2008, 06:34 AM
I don't know but I'll bump this up for you!

I wonder if it's worth giving ncma a ring and asking their advice since it's their form??

Hopefully someone will come along later who knows. :D

Chimps Childminding
13-06-2008, 03:15 PM
I use the NCMA one - one page for each child until its full. But each time I a child receives medicine I get the parent to sign and then give them a photocopy - its just cheaper than keep buying new forms!!