PDA

View Full Version : AARRGH...Sick all over new sofa!

Cassie
08-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Can't believe it! New sofa two weeks ago and mindee has been sick everywhere....Any ideas of products to get rid of smell or do i just keep cleaning? :angry: Is it wrong of me to be annoyed? I know they can't help it but AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH! just needed to scream.

sonyach
08-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Oh no what a nightmare, I'd be upset to! No they can't help it but its hard sometimes to distinguish your home from your business. I desperately need a new sofa but don't think I could handle watching it get wrecked. Don't know what to suggest sorry but hope you can sort it out I'm sure some of the wise ladies on here will have some Fab ideas :idea:

sgu97alf
08-08-2012, 08:39 AM
bicarbonate of soda is good for getting smells and stains out of carpet, i've used it on vomit before, you make it up into a paste with water, apply then leave to dry and hoover off.

definitely patch test beforehand though to make sure it doesn't affect the fabric - I would hate to be responsible for making things worse.

hope you can get it sorted. Anna x

naomiesian
08-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Yuk!!!! Vomit is my big NO NO, have been cm for just over 3 years now and have only had 1 child become ill whilst in my care, as luck would have it mindee was in the highchair at the time and I was able to just remove the tray to wash, my own 2 children were taught from a very early age to go to the toilet, they both have (just in case) bowls in their bedrooms which they use if they need to on the way to the toilet! we have had a few accidents such as a lovely stain on the landing carpet, that although has been scrubbed and cleaned by me many times seems to reappear after a few weeks!
If I was you I would contact one of those cleaning companies, get it all done by them, this would also mean that if the smell or stain returns you can get them back out to redo it for free and put the cost through your books....
Good luck xxxx

kel1983
08-08-2012, 09:04 AM
:angry: We had this happen with a friends child. She was taying over and was sick on our sofa. All our covers are removeable but smell sunk into cushion. Scrubbed away for weeks to rid the smell. It was in the carpet too. You can use febreeze of shake and vac but just hides the smell.

Good luck

AliceK
08-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Oh No, how awful.
I bought 2 new sofas a few months before I started minding and although I saw some lovely squishy fabric sofas I was too scared that something like that or wee wee or something would get onto them so I went for leather. I still have throws on them though although now in our new house the children are rarely in the lounge.

xxx

jane5
08-08-2012, 10:54 AM
I have had a mindee wee on my sofa and I put the cushion upside down, with the wee side facing the ground, and poured water with disinfectant in through it.

I did this a few times and it completely washed the wee out iykwim, instead of wiping it but still leaving the wee in.

It will depend on the sofa material but I was prepared to take the chance and it worked, no smell :thumbsup:

mum24
08-08-2012, 11:11 AM
oh no how typical.

I would get a cleaning company in - they will be dealing with this kind of thing all the time and will probably know what to do for the type of material your settee is. The cleaning cost can come off your tax, but it may be worth checking your insurance to see if they will pay or replace if necessary.
Ring round and see if someone can come out quickly. I rang a company about six months ago to do a deep clean of my three piece suite and they wanted £40.00 which I thought was very reasonable.

I bought a steam cleaner years ago and use that on the carpet regularly and for 'accidents' it works very well I have to say, and eliminates smells too. It was an expensive outlay but has paid for itself over and over.

I hope this works out for you, what a mess.:(