PDA

View Full Version : Pre-school

Rubybubbles
12-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I've being working as a supply teacher in the local Pre-school as 2 days a week all my children are either in pre-school or creche:D must be mad to say yes I know your thinking it!

But it has been great, I have always worked well with them, and they are very willing to share hints tips and advice, so I was over the moon when they asked me to come in (always good for a reference I say haha). It has been a real eye opener to how they work I'm loving all their resouces but feel they are a bit under used as it always seems to be the same things out:o They have shown me all their stuff on planning and group/indivdual observations and I've been doing the same so feeling super smug:D

The only thing is its really hard to spend good quailty time with the children and I have found that really hard going. think thats because I only have my dd, baby 13 months full time and part timer 3 days a week so time is well spent, and not to any routine other than sleep/school runs ect. if they want to go outside we can, raining or not IYSWIM!!:D

anyhooooo just wanted to share my experience with ya all:laughing:

MissTinkerbell
12-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Quality time - that's the one thing that as a cm I'm looking forward to. having taught Rec age children for 12 years I never felt that with class sizes of 25+ that I spent any quality time with any of the children. Some days I realised that there were certain children I hadn't actually spoken to apart from to do the register!

sarah707
12-06-2008, 01:07 PM
I know what you mean about working with small ratios and getting to know each child really well...

I think that's definitely where we win! :D

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Thats why it is so great being a childminder

You seem to be enjoying it though Emma - good for you

Hope you are ok ?

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
12-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Thats why it is so great being a childminder

You seem to be enjoying it though Emma - good for you

Hope you are ok ?

Angel xx

I'm good thanks angel, do you worry about me:laughing: often I see you ask, I know I go off on little tangents half the time, but things are good at the moment thanks hun xx

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Haha yeah I worry about you Emma

No seriously we used to have our partys and some nice banter in the evenings and we havent done that for ages have we ?
So was wondering how you are

xxx

ajs
12-06-2008, 02:06 PM
it's because she's anice person emma

or so she keeps telling us:laughing:

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Oh you know I am Mandy - really !!

xxx

ajs
12-06-2008, 02:08 PM
in the words of my 13 year old daughter yeah whatever:laughing:

of course you are. anyway emma are you going to try to work in a peschool after you move?

miffy
12-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Pleased you're enjoying yourself emma

They will miss you when you've moved :)

miffy xx

Rubybubbles
12-06-2008, 06:46 PM
in the words of my 13 year old daughter yeah whatever:laughing:

of course you are. anyway emma are you going to try to work in a peschool after you move?

:D well! I have managed to get the local pre-school/ day care to letme send in my cv and I'm hopefully going down as supply staff there too, of which she said (without seeing my cv) I should get work straight away as lots of staff on hols, so would be a good start for when I move, whislt waiting for my childminding to kick off, but again local co-ord still saying they are all advertising at the moment, so just covering my back as money will be tight when I move as I'm going to be losing a lot! and hubby will be paying out more because he goes up a rank, but no pay rise for 2 yrs ekkk:laughing:

right I'm off, I'm going to do my food hygiene once ds in bed one more thing on my cv haha!! my last one was Oct 04:o hehe

Angel - I miss our parties too love hehe, just been so stressed and busy with work, it's 10pm before I look at going on the puter some nights and I think better not! I'll not get off until 1am, and I know how I feel the next day haha!

BUT talking of partys, when is the next forum party? Lets celebrate my moving:clapping: :laughing: Monday night good for me:D

miffy
12-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Monday night sounds good to me too :D :thumbsup:

miffy xx

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah lets have a party Monday sounds good to me too

Show some of the newbies a good time haha

Angel xx