PDA

View Full Version : Moving from Childminding to opening a nursery

Tam's Tribe
07-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Hi Everyone - I can't sleep coz I am sick to my stomach about this deregulation - its looking like a certainty :((( - has anyone still on the forum moved from childminding to opening a nursery? - I would like to chat about a few things if you don't mind - thanks!

Monkey1
08-08-2012, 04:26 AM
I bloomin hope not! but if it does then we will be looking at doing this or setting up our own 'agency'

loocyloo
08-08-2012, 07:40 AM
i will just become a very small nusery/afterschool/holiday club!

doing exactly what i am doing now!

oxfordshirecm
08-08-2012, 08:58 AM
How would you become a small nursery/ holiday club etc? Would you still be basically doing what you do now but just call yourself a holiday club etc?

loocyloo
08-08-2012, 09:03 AM
How would you become a small nursery/ holiday club etc? Would you still be basically doing what you do now but just call yourself a holiday club etc?

i think so! although i expect there are some criteria that need to be met! its not something i have looked into really, but if i need to i will chat to my DO and go from there!

crazyXstitcher
08-08-2012, 09:03 AM
i will just become a very small nusery/afterschool/holiday club!

doing exactly what i am doing now!

Just what I was thinking :idea:

sarah707
08-08-2012, 05:11 PM
It will be years before anything changes... and it will be change for the whole early years sector not just childminders...

Stick with it and see what happens first! We are in a much better position to get things how we want them working within the system :D