View Full Version : car insurance

07-08-2012, 07:00 PM
I've just changed my car and whilst shopping for car insurance got a quote from Blue Fin. They pointed out that I may not have adequate liability insurance with my current insurer. Since then my mind has boggled with policies. Apart from class 1 business use cover what should I be looking for? Any help appreciated, Thanks!!!

07-08-2012, 07:25 PM
As long as your current insurer acknowledges that you are using your car for childminding you will be covered.

Yes it's business class 1 for normal childminding use :D

07-08-2012, 07:34 PM
i'm with direct line and have class 1 business use.

you don't need any extra insurance/policies etc. some insurance companies try the hard sell!

08-08-2012, 09:02 AM
You may need class two if your husband/partner is on the Policy as a named driver. DH had just renewed his Policy and this was on several of the sites and we had not come across it before.

He has just insured with Chaucer. Full business use for him and me as a Childminder and him to carry children as a teacher and it was £214 over £100 less than his renewal quote.

Blufin are known to use scare tactics to get people to insure with them saying or implying that they are the only insurer to give the correct level of cover for childminders. It has annoyed me for years that they have done this and are endorsed by NCMA and I have campaigned to get the link dropped.

If they have done this to you please email NCMA and tell them because Blufin are wrong and should not be doing this and getting away with it. There are many insurance companies who cover cms. I was with Churchill for years and when they tripled my premium, I went to Morton Michel who then nearly doubled my premium and I am with Tesco this year.

I have just emailed NCMA in the strongest terms to look into this matter urgently.