PDA

View Full Version : holidays - there is always one

mabel
07-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I have been minding 17 years now, always puttng my parents first

this year my husband was dagnosed with an illness and I want to make more of our time together..............so bearing in mind I never take any leave during term time I have decided to take the last full week of school holidays off. Bearing in mind I had a week in July - when it did nothing but rain all week !

All my parents have been great saying you must take it even though I have only given 2 weeks notice ! Now one of my parents who only uses me 13 hours a week is furious as I have not given her notice she has already taken 2 weeks off on a lovely hot holiday saying she has no childcare available (annoyed me really as both Grannies babysit) ..........I feel so upset after all these years and my hubby putting the business first !! rant over !!

jane5
07-08-2012, 03:27 PM
:eek::eek::eek:How selfish and rude of her....:(

Some people think of nobody but themselves, even if she has got a problem finding childcare she should not put that problem on you in these circumstances and of course we know that 1 of the grannies will step in.

Do not give it another thought and have a wonderful time

merry
07-08-2012, 03:32 PM
She sounds thoroughly selfish :eek: For 13 hours a week I think I'd be telling her to take a hike:mad:

Hope you have a fantastic holiday

:)

hectors house
07-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Sorry to hear that your husband is ill, think of yourself and your family for once and enjoy your weeks holiday (hope the sun shines).

Do you know anyone else who has a space for this child - I learnt on a training course once - don't go to your manager with a problem, go with a solution! Although if it was you that was ill the parent would have to find cover, sometimes they rely on us too much. I got in a terrible state when we got stuck on holiday due to ash cloud, I had a huge phone bill trying to sort out emergency care for everyone.

Jayse74
17-08-2012, 08:35 PM
We have had the same thing this holiday! Parent not asking and just assuming we are here 24/7 and never do anything but childmind. Parent got all mardy and kicked off saying we let them down!

My DW has reminded them over and over "Please let me know so many weeks in advance please" or "We are only working xx weeks this summer term so please be aware we are on holiday" and do they ever bother to double check? No!

Its your business at the end of the day, never let them think it belongs to them!