PDA

View Full Version : Fudge

Delly
12-06-2008, 11:22 AM
just made the most yummy fudge this morning, I can't believe how easy it was to make, never made before and it actually tastes like fudge!!.. Just cooling now, the kids are going to make shapes out it later and decorate for fathers day pressies, bigger ones are going to make boxes to put them in later on.

Should be nice.

now just got to keep occupied and leave it alone whilst they sleep or there will be none left..

miffy
12-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Did you use the recipe in Creative Steps magazine by any chance?

We made this earlier in the week and it was yummy

I posted the recipe in cooking activities this morning

miffy xx

Delly
12-06-2008, 11:42 AM
oh i've just seen your post, no we didn't do from that mag, I have the usborne first picture cook book, its a hardbacked book, great recipes very child friendly with hard pages.

recipe is

225g icing sugar
50g pink or white marshmallows
1 tbsp milk
50g unsalted butter
vanilla essence
food dye ( I used blue)
sweets for decorations

Sift icing sugar in bowl, make hollow with spoon

cut marshmallows in half in a pan with milk butter and essence, heat gently until all melted
pour mixture into icing sugar and add food dye stiring well.

let cool for 10 mins, then make in to a ball, and wrap in clingfilm
leave for 3 hours in fridge then roll out and shape/decorate as required.

katickles
12-06-2008, 11:48 AM
I've got that book - its lovely.

Must admit i've not made the fudge, but am thinking its now only a matter of time!! haha

miffy
12-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Think it's basically the same recipe - we just used cocoa powder to make it chocolate

miffy xx

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Stop talking about fudge

Im on a diet and starving

Angel xx

miffy
12-06-2008, 12:04 PM
I am only making fudge not eating it

I am saving it all for you ha ha

miffy xx

oakie dokie
12-06-2008, 12:11 PM
yes angel, i was thinking the same, i just adore fudge:jump for joy: you have set me off now, i will have to make some:jump for joy:

hazelx

Delly
12-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Stop talking about fudge

Im on a diet and starving

Angel xx

me too, its killing me, every time I open the fridge its there looking at me !!

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Oh I think I would have to sneak a piece when no one is looking ha

Angel xx

crazybones
12-06-2008, 04:37 PM
I want to know is there any fudge left or did you all eat it? ;)

miffy
12-06-2008, 04:40 PM
I want to know is there any fudge left or did you all eat it? ;)

I've got some left because I'm being good :littleangel:

M'lady wants some next Tuesday - she'll be lucky my ds2 is back from uni this weekend - he eats anything and everything :laughing:

miffy xx

Alibali
12-06-2008, 05:35 PM
We've just made tablet for fathers day, but someone has to test it to make sure it's ok:)

Ali x

crazybones
12-06-2008, 05:37 PM
I've got some left because I'm being good :littleangel:

M'lady wants some next Tuesday - she'll be lucky my ds2 is back from uni this weekend - he eats anything and everything :laughing:

miffy xx

Does she put the orders in writing? Or are you expected to remember? I think we should lock her in the cellar and eat fudge outside the door. :D

miffy
12-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Does she put the orders in writing? Or are you expected to remember? I think we should lock her in the cellar and eat fudge outside the door. :D
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Her order is on my other thread about fudge!

miffy xx

JazzyL
12-06-2008, 08:18 PM
i thinks we'll have a go tomorrow and if I time it right it can go home with mindees as soon as it's cooled (out of my temptation) :) Could just eat some now though!

Cazz
12-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Why does this always happen! There's me just thinking I'll have to go to bed in a little while and then I come across a thread about some yummy sounding food!

Now my tummy's rumbling - I love fudge but I haven't got any in the house! :crying: Suppose I'll have to make do with a slice of toast (with marmite of course!).

Carole x

Cammie Doodle
14-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Mmmm Yum Yum Tablet I have not had nice Tablet since my son moved up to Scotland . Think I had better make some . Thanks Alibali:)