PDA

View Full Version : Can I childmind from 2 addresses

hettynatnat
06-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone knows what the rules are on minding at more than one address. I have busy days and quiet days and my mum has a huge house. What I was thinking is if I could use her house on busy days it would give the children so much space to play in (not that my house is too small for the children I have attend) I just though as mum offered to allow me to use her spare big room for minding in how would
I go about this. I am going to have to call Ofsted for their advice I just thought if ask on here first incase anyone has had experience of having registered at more than one premises as Ofsted can sometimes waffle on so much that I end up putting the phone down and thinking what on earth did that mean.

hectors house
07-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Where I live, a childminding group used to hire a church hall for 3 days a week and childmind from there between school runs, children were dropped off and collected by parents, babies and toddlers slept there in travel cots and minders either took cold or hot lunches and stored in fridge / heated in microwave as necessary. The local development officers and Trio advisor used to pop in sometimes and help with an activity, so they didn't have a problem with it. I went a few times but it wasn't my idea of "home from home" childminding.

Would you go to your mums after children had been dropped off - if so surely you are taking them to your mums for a visit?

madcaz
07-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Hiya Im currently registered at my home address and with another child minder at her address and it states this on my certificate. I have to be inspected at both houses, although i am leaving the other child minders as of September and will just be registered at my house :)

http://happydayschildcare123.webs.com/