PDA

View Full Version : Eating out without paying a fortune?

BlondeMoment
06-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone
During the holidays I usually let my schoolies choose a few outings as the younger ones are taken out a lot during term time.
One of my schoolies has requested we go out for lunch somewhere.
Apart from McDonalds, do any of you know anywhere that isn't too expensive?
I've got 5 other mindees so could get very expensive if I don't think this out lol.

Mouse
06-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Do you have a Costco near you?

If we're out for the day we'll often go there & buy food, then go off & find somewhere nice to sit & eat it.

Jacket potatoes are only £1.25 (or something like that), so a bargain!

BlondeMoment
06-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Do you have a Costco near you?

If we're out for the day we'll often go there & buy food, then go off & find somewhere nice to sit & eat it.

Jacket potatoes are only £1.25 (or something like that), so a bargain!

I don't think so. I'll have a look online.........

Velleity
06-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Pizza Express often do good deals .. like 30% off the bill and instead of buying individual set-meals for the children you could just buy one big pizza, some salad, dough balls etc and all share it. Something like that. I quite fancy a pizza express now, thinking about it :D

mum24
06-08-2012, 08:53 PM
hmm not sure about lunch, but Morrisons are/were offering one child meal free per adult meal purchased at tea time. They may have other offers on. Sorry not been for a couple of weeks so could have changed. They are reasonably priced though anyway.

mummyof3
06-08-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm taking all mine this week to the local pub that has a play area in the beer garden. Cheap food and somewhere for them to play after.

Maza
06-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Not very glamorous but a lot of big supermarket cafes/restaurants offer decent grub at reasonable prices. Ikea? Pizza Hut/Express often have bogof, or other such offers.

nikki thomson
06-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Brewers fayres are pretty good, they have play areas as well and I find for the little ones you can buy one meal and split it between 2, maybe ask parents for a voluntary contribution as I'm sure they'd help out if they can, it's all a learning experience and my own children and mindee's love it when we eat out (not McDonald's) but a restaurant. X

blue bear
07-08-2012, 06:38 AM
Mine like the Chinese all you can eat, they don't charge for under 3's:thumbsup:

We go to the local cafe for beans o. Toast type meal, not too expensive.

Sub way if it's not too chilly.

Chip shop with a cafe comes In Reasonable.

angiemog
07-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Pizza Hut do childrens meals for 3.99 which includes a drink or you can buy a big pizza to share and then help yourselves to the free salad bar. I think it's a max of 4 people to a pizza though.
Have Fun