PDA

View Full Version : Childminding enquiries are like buses!

Playmate
06-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Blue Boy and I have just returned home from a lovely relaxing holiday in Greece. Before we left we hadn't received any equiries for some time, however on our return I listended to our answer phone which contained 7 messages, 6 of which were enquiries :eek: So I guess I will be ringing around tomorrow :D (even though we are not back at work until next Monday). Sometimes I can't believe this profession, when you need the phone to ring it never does and when you don't they arrive all at once like busses :laughing:

sarah707
06-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Did you have a good holiday? We loved Greece when we went last year.

Sounds like you are going to be busy! :clapping:

Playmate
06-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Did you have a good holiday? We loved Greece when we went last year.

Sounds like you are going to be busy! :clapping:

we had a lovely time in Greece Sarah, very hot and no rain, which is more than can be said of here today :rolleyes:

Not quite sure where to start with the 6 enquiries as we really only want to take in 1 more 3 days a week. Will have to see what they are looking for when I ring them back, hopefully some will have found alternative care :D

Mouse
06-08-2012, 07:47 PM
That's great news :clapping:

A few weeks back I seemed to be getting endless calls & couldn't figure out why as I have no spaces & don't advertise anywhere. I mentioned to one of my mums that I had no spaces left and she said "oops, I've been giving your number out to everyone I know!" At least I knew where the calls were coming from & know who to tell when I do have spaces :laughing:

bunyip
06-08-2012, 08:15 PM
I've had a frustrating run of enquiries recently.

Some just weren't at all serious, or were only interested in the lowest bidder (which I think is always a bad sign.)

One was really sweet, but I couldn't take 'cos I had a full set of EY children for 2 days last term and mum couldn't wait.

Three more enquiries have all been EY siblings which I can't accomodate either. If they'd been only children or different ages, I'd have been fine.

I now have an enquiry for a baby, which has put me in a bit of a spot as it clashes with an advance enquiry I've had to have an EY + older sibling from next year. Is 1 child now better than 2 in the future? It's even more complicated, cos the 2 will be going to the school where I collect, but the baby probably will go elsewhere.

Why is nothing simple?:panic:

miffy
06-08-2012, 08:50 PM
we had a lovely time in Greece Sarah, very hot and no rain, which is more than can be said of here today :rolleyes:

Not quite sure where to start with the 6 enquiries as we really only want to take in 1 more 3 days a week. Will have to see what they are looking for when I ring them back, hopefully some will have found alternative care :D

Glad to hear you've had a lovely holiday and with 6 enquiries to choose from, hope one fits the bill perfectly for you!

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
06-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Glad to hear you had a good break.

Could you send some of the peps this way please? Hardly any calls for ages and I have a space. :blush:

Playmate
07-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Glad to hear you had a good break.

Could you send some of the peps this way please? Hardly any calls for ages and I have a space. :blush:

I will have a ring around and if there is anything I can refer on I will do :thumbsup: