PDA

View Full Version : Calling Mazda 5 owners!

pinklady756
06-08-2012, 07:05 PM
I love my Mazda 5 and I'm trying to work out best options for car seats in the 3rd row. Does anyone have this car and use a group 1,2,3 seat in the 3rd row (high back booster style with the 5 point harness) that they can recommend. According to Britax the Evolva 123 will fit but I just wondered what other seats I should be considering.

Thanks

Wendybird
07-08-2012, 08:30 AM
This is one of the cars I'm considering when we upgrade to a 7 seater - glad to hear you love it! As to car seats I use a couple of Kiddy Care Comfort Pro seats - they are 1,2,3 and use a bolster across the lap of the younger ones which is secured by the seat belt. The kids like them, they are light-weight and I find them easier to use than the ones with straps. I don't think they make the Comfort Pros anymore, but there is a newer version and you can get them isofix now as well.

Enjoy the Mazda 5!

I love my Mazda 5 and I'm trying to work out best options for car seats in the 3rd row. Does anyone have this car and use a group 1,2,3 seat in the 3rd row (high back booster style with the 5 point harness) that they can recommend. According to Britax the Evolva 123 will fit but I just wondered what other seats I should be considering.

Thanks

Logan
07-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Quick question? Can you fit a pushchair in the boot with all 3 rows of seats in place? Double pushchair? What kind?

I currently have an old Zafira but struggle to get a pushchair in the boot when using all seats. A Chrysler Grand Voyager would solve this problem but they are rather expensive to buy & run. Looking at alternatives!

pinklady756
07-08-2012, 02:16 PM
I have a single pushchair in the boot with all the seats up, I need to find a double to fit and came across a review of someone saying the Tippitoes Reflect Twin fits in theirs.

There isn't much boot space, and the middle seat in the middle row isn't big enough for a child seat, I have it folded out of the way so kids can access the 3rd row rather than having to get in from the boot!

Will try and find the newer version of the seats you mentioned, no isofix in row 3 unfortunately. I have 2 forward facing 9months-4 years seats in row 2, just need the group 1,2,3 to add the collection for new starter in September, this will go in the 3rd row with a high-backed booster. Unfortunately my passenger air bag can't be disabled so I can't use the front seat.

The car is lovely, it's perfect for everyday use and the sliding doors are a godsend!! However, in the holidays like now when I have 6 children, with 4 requiring a seat I can't really fit them all in the car! The middle seat in the 2nd row really is a squash and you need someone tall and thin for that seat. I'd say it's more of a 6 seater than 7 when you need to allow for all the child car seats.

It's a small world
07-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Im looking at a Mazda 5 this weekend:D. Iwill need all 7 seats for school runs. I assume with 2 baby seats either side my ds (who doesn't really need a seat or will just have the booster base. Will fit ok in the middle ? I also have a Koochi double buggy that fits into my current Zafira would this fit in the Mazda .. Sorry for taking over thread :blush:

francinejayne
07-08-2012, 07:58 PM
I have a Mazda 5, it is great, but my advice would be take the 3 seats that you want to fit along the middle row with you to see if they fit. I have had 3 seats across my middle row, it was a squeeze and a faff to fit them all in properly, but I did manage it, only with slimmer car seats though, none with the big bulky bottom bit if you know what I mean?!

As for the boot space, I did have a double buggy (think it was a chicco?!) they I could fit in when all 7 seats were in use. I can also fit my phil and teds in the boot if I take the wheels off.

Louise_Oaktree
25-09-2012, 05:03 PM
I have a Mazda 5 and absolutely love it, the sliding doors are fab with the kids as no more banging car doors into other cars etc and it means older children can climb in safely whilst you put smaller children in.

I have a fixed seat in the back and a high back booster, then on the 2nd row a fixed seat and a booster, my son who is 7 and very tall sits in the middle without a booster, he is only 4cm off not needing a seat and legally if all other seats are occupied a child can travel in the middle seat without a booster, and because he's my child and our journey is less than 10 minutes I'm happy with this arrangement.

I have a M&P Aria Double that fits perfectly, but I'm looking to upgrade to a phil and teds as my School is on a narrow country lane with very narrow pavements.

I wouldn't have any other car now. We did look at a zafira but I liked the way the 2nd row of seats in the Mazda can be positioned further forward if you have larger people in the back, or you can push them right back giving the 2nd row more leg room. Also the 2nd row is split seats so you only need to slide 2 of the 3 seats to get kids in the back if they can climb in themselves. The zafira we looked at the whole of the 2nd row had to slide forward for kids to get in the back.