PDA

View Full Version : Nappy Changing Policy

kellyb
06-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Hi everyone!

Me again - you can tell I am updating all my policies as I am coming to you for advice again!

Someone has told me you need to have a nappy changing policy, is that true?

Does anyone have one I could have a look at and see how to word my own?

Many thanks!

Kelly : )

rickysmiths
06-08-2012, 04:16 PM
No I don't have a nappy changing Policy.

christine e
06-08-2012, 04:22 PM
No nappy policy here!

cas2805
06-08-2012, 05:02 PM
I don't think you have to have one, though as most of my mindees are about the same age, I decided to have a joint nappy change and potty training policy. Happy to share if you PM me your email address.

Though I did just lose one of my mindees as my policy was to send them in pullups...

"If they continue having regular accidents I may ask that they have a nappy or pull up to wear" and as mindee soiled 3-4 times a day as he was on medication, each time very soft and they refused to put him in pullups, they kept him home and refused to send him again! :(

kellyb
06-08-2012, 05:54 PM
I don't think you have to have one, though as most of my mindees are about the same age, I decided to have a joint nappy change and potty training policy. Happy to share if you PM me your email address.

Though I did just lose one of my mindees as my policy was to send them in pullups...

"If they continue having regular accidents I may ask that they have a nappy or pull up to wear" and as mindee soiled 3-4 times a day as he was on medication, each time very soft and they refused to put him in pullups, they kept him home and refused to send him again! :(

It says your inbox has been exceeded

Many thanks

That's awful that they aren't sending the minded anymore

cas2805
06-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Sorry, I have now deleted some messages and emailed you the policy :blush:

bunyip
06-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Here's my policy: if it's wet, dirty, smells (or if my son-in-law threw it on in his normal slipshod way) I change it.

On my induction course, I was told we needed a nappy changing policy (and a couple of dozen other superfluous ideas), and absolutely must use disposable gloves.

I 'phoned Ofsted to enquire: they'd never heard of the need for a policy.

I've never used disposable gloves for changing nappies. (Had to use them when repairing people and picking up bits when I worked on the trains, and hated it 'cos they gave me an itchy heat rash.) Ofsted had no problem with it when they inspected.

miffy
06-08-2012, 08:43 PM
No nappy policy here!

Nor here!

Miffy xx