PDA

View Full Version : Quick query...

venus89
12-06-2008, 10:02 AM
I may have a mum of a boy in my son's class calling later to make enquiries about minding her son for a short while in the holidays. She mentioned something about 1 1/2 hours - not sure if that's a day or week, but either way it's awkward. I look after her friend's baby in term time so I don't want to just spout out a different rate to her. Do you all charge for a minimum of hours? If so, how does this go down? I have no other work in the holidays, and stupidly told her that, but this boy can be a handful and if the money's not good enough (1 1/2 hours would give me £6.75) then I don't really want the hassle. But if the money's okay it would help me out......

berkschick
12-06-2008, 10:03 AM
I charge a minimum of 6 hours per week.

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 10:15 AM
I charge a min of 8 hours a week

I wouldnt work for less for a child its just not worth it

Good luck hope you get the job

Angel xx

venus89
12-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Her friend has 5 hours (well, usually 6, but contracted for 5......) so I can't do more than that. TBH if she wants me for 1 1/2 hours a week I'd not feel comfortable charging for lots more hours than that anyway, especially as she knows I'm not busy.....

Would it be better to just say it will cost £15 for that time?

If she wants an hour and a half a day she can forget it!!

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 10:47 AM
I do a min of 8 hours

But if a parent only wants 5 hours for example I will still do it

But they have to pay the 8 hours

Angel xx

jaja
13-06-2008, 01:54 PM
i do a min of 2 hours per day, otherwise there isnt much point, by the time they have had a snack and started an acititivy then its time to go hokme again good luck with whatever you decide to do.

xxxx

P.S couldnt you say that actually someone has filled your spaces now? and if she sees later that you havent just say you were let down at the last mo? it will still get you out of minding him? x