PDA

View Full Version : Letter received from Ofsted today about important changes from Sept 2012

catswhiskers
04-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Is it just me or does anybody think the letter I received from Ofsted today is a little too late?

Title is "Your registration as a childminder - important changes from September 2012".

Erm - some of us are still carrying on as normal and have had no info from our local authority or Ofsted - let alone any approved training for the "new" EYFS.

Even going on to the various Ofsted websites to help us with getting info is hard enough if you're not computer literate - lots of dashes in between words etc.

sarah707
05-08-2012, 08:03 AM
At least you have here to update your information :D

hectors house
05-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else break out into a cold sweat when they recognise the font that Ofsted use on their envelopes? Even though I know I have done nothing wrong, I convince myself that someone has complained to Ofsted about me! Paranoid or what?

Mouse
05-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else break out into a cold sweat when they recognise the font that Ofsted use on their envelopes? Even though I know I have done nothing wrong, I convince myself that someone has complained to Ofsted about me! Paranoid or what?

Ha ha...when we came back from holiday I was looking through the post and could immediately recognise the one from Ofsted. I read what I could through the front panel on the envelope. I could read enough to guess what it was about before I dared open it!

Chimps Childminding
05-08-2012, 11:58 AM

Yep me!!!! :eek: I missed a phone call a few weeks ago and the number was 0300 ........- never bothered checking the rest for a while just convinced myself it was Ofsted (had a parent leave under not very good circumstances a few weeks ago) and that said parent had made a complaint!!!

The number rang again later and I answered it (reluctantly - but it was Friday and didn't want to be worrying all week-end) to find it was the National Blood Doner Service ringing to check DS4 had received his app't to give blood - in my defence when I looked properly the numbers are quite similar :blush::D

Boris
05-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Yep me!!!! :eek: I missed a phone call a few weeks ago and the number was 0300 ........- never bothered checking the rest for a while just convinced myself it was Ofsted (had a parent leave under not very good circumstances a few weeks ago) and that said parent had made a complaint!!!

The number rang again later and I answered it (reluctantly - but it was Friday and didn't want to be worrying all week-end) to find it was the National Blood Doner Service ringing to check DS4 had received his app't to give blood - in my defence when I looked properly the numbers are quite similar :blush::D

:laughing: I had to ring for an appointment to give blood last week, I typed the number in my phone and it started ringing, I looked at the screen and my heart nearly came out of my mouth, I thought I had rang OFSTED by mistake! They are only a couple of digits different aren't they! x

JCrakers
06-08-2012, 08:12 AM
I got my letter too and recognised the font straight away. I agree it's very late going out isn't it and it's not plain English. Why can't they just word it so it's more understandable :rolleyes:

The other day I had a call from ofsted and broke out in a cold sweat :eek: after a minute or two I realised it was the variations team who had a question about my variation is had asked for. I was so relieved

Kazzal42
06-08-2012, 12:59 PM
What letter is this?

PixiePetal
06-08-2012, 01:52 PM

every time - just don't know what they will come up with next!

sarah707
06-08-2012, 04:58 PM
What letter is this?

There is a letter going out to childminders about changes to the EYFS from Sept.

I had mine early last week... some haven't been received yet. It takes a while for them all to get sent I think :D

Belly2009
06-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Mine is probably with the 2 Ofsted token key numbers Ive requested for my sef over the past 3 weeks that dont seem to have been received by me :(