PDA

View Full Version : terminating contract

lilsteff1986
12-06-2008, 09:04 AM
i look after two children A and b they are brother and sister.

there mum constantly cancels sessions with me all the time with very little notice, obviously i still charge her for doing this but i get a right ear full everytime i charge her for cancelling.

the lasted thing with A and B's mum is that her partner has recently got a new job and she cancelled them for a month, she wont pay a retainer to keep her place and i have children that are waiting for places ( i have alreday considered giving them away as no retainer is being paid, despite it being in the contract).

she changes their sessions so much i actually was ment to getr them one night i i didnt collect them from school becasue i was under the impression from what their mum had said that they wont be attending. and later on in the night about 5pm she cam to my house and banged on my door and gave me a right earful when anoither parent was there and i felt like a right tit. :angry:

i cant get any commuincation out of her as she is either on the phone when she comes to pick them up or she says she hasnt got time to hear what i have to say. :eek:

she is so uncopperative i dont know what to do apart from terminate her contract and offer her places to other children who want the pplace.

i am being harsh? :ohdear:

my income has been hit becasue of it :angry: and i have other childrebn who will be more regular and it will be every day too that the child on my waiting list is wanting, i really need help.

Blackhorse
12-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Hi,

I am new to this so as I am not even registered yet, but I would talk to the mom (try and set a time for a constructive conversation) and maybe explain to her that if things don't improve you will be forced to terminate the contract as you have a business to run and therefore need a reliable income. Maybe once she knows that she cannot do this to you without consequences she will change her ways. If not I probably would look for other kids, especially if you already have some waiting..

I personally don't think it would be too harsh

Hope this helps
Nicole

Blaze
12-06-2008, 09:16 AM
I would terminate! Partnership with parents is very important & it seems to me that you can't work with this Mum...quite aside from her inconsiderateness & rudeness!:(

berkschick
12-06-2008, 09:17 AM
At the end of the day you are running a business and need to earn a living from it.

I would arrange a meeting with her and go through the contract again and explain your feelings.

If she carries on messing you about then I would give notice.

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Blimey she sounds a right pain in the butt

Why are you putting up with this if you have others interested ?

Terminate NOW

Good luck

Angel xxx

crazybones
12-06-2008, 09:26 AM
I would write her a letter stating all relevant points regarding the contract, fees etc. If she is unwilling to talk it through by a certain date (end of week) I would terminate, especially if you can fill the spaces. Good Luck.

kindredspirits
12-06-2008, 09:37 AM
i agree with all of the above. write her a letter explaining that she constantly breeches the contract and you are going to terminate now.

katickles
12-06-2008, 10:28 AM
I would arrange a meeting with mum - explaining that you are not happy with the situation. Talk to her about the hours in the contract & explain that yo need to work together. If things don't improve then you will have no alternative but to terminate the contract.

If she is supposed to be paying you a retainer as per contract & isn't doing - you are more then entitled to terminate & take on one of these children on your waiting list anyway.

Its your business at the end of the day - so if you want to terminate then do so.

In my opinion you are not being harsh at all - if anything maybe you need to get tougher with her.

rachael_c
12-06-2008, 10:42 AM
You have a waiting list and you are putting up with this kind of disrespect? I say terminate the contract!

It is a shame for the children if they feel settled with you but you are running a business and this kind of behavour will seriously effect your lifestlye

I think you should give her your notice if you have already tried to have a conversation about the problem.

Hope you manage to get something sorted

Rach x xx

ajs
12-06-2008, 10:57 AM
sorry not sure what you want in the poll but i would also say terminate now
she's taking the mickey
i would get rid as soon as possibel

it's your business not hers youmake the rules

miffy
12-06-2008, 11:11 AM
From what you've said she is in breach of her contract anyway by refusing to pay a retainer for the time her children aren't with you.

She sounds rude, arrogant and is acting as though she runs your business not you.

If you have others waiting why are you letting this parent set the rules I wouldn't give her any more chances

Hope you get some nicer new parents

miffy xx

wendywu
12-06-2008, 11:17 AM
No retainer no place SIMPLE. Give the place to someone who wants it and uses it. No one in their right mind would run a business to loose money!:angry:

lilsteff1986
12-06-2008, 11:28 AM
thanls guys!! i dunno what happened think i clicked on the worng thing with regarding the poll thing lol.

keep advice coming its great! xxxxx:clapping:

ajs
12-06-2008, 11:37 AM
well we're all saying the same thing
is that what you want to hear though

Twinkles
12-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Remember.....you are not a doormat !!

I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned the time for talking would have been over when she spoke to you so rudely.
You do not have to put up with this kind of behaviour from ANYONE.

I would terminate the contract immediately she has broken the contract by not paying the retainer.

charleyfarley
12-06-2008, 11:41 AM
I had this recently not as bad as your parent.

Mine kept changing hours, extra days, swapping days even asked me to have lo full time for a few weeks. Then she put my hours down 15 mins for lo and expected me to go along with it.

Needless to say I gave notice, which they didn't expect as I'd been a softee up till then and let them get away with all sorts.

I really think you should give notice especially if you have people waiting. It is a shame that the children are settled but you have to think of yourself.

Carol xx

FizzysFriends
12-06-2008, 12:15 PM
I'd go with what the others have said. If you have children waiting so there is no reason to put up with this behaviour.

Is there a reason you haven't terminated already? Is she a friend?

disney
12-06-2008, 12:28 PM
first i would talk with mum and make it as clear as you can about how you run the business and about the contract and then say that if things dont improve you will have to terminate as you have others wating for places . if she does it again you have every right to finish with her without any worries unless of c ourse you have already spoken about it and she is taking the mickey then i would cancel contract straight the way :) x

sandy
12-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Simple - Dump her and give the place to a family who appreciates you :thumbsup:

Sandy x

miss muffit
12-06-2008, 02:11 PM
I would terminate! Partnership with parents is very important & it seems to me that you can't work with this Mum...quite aside from her inconsiderateness & rudeness!:(

I would get rid! and take on the other children

tulip0803
12-06-2008, 05:08 PM
I would also terminate. The mother is not interested in working with you. All she is interested in is using you when it suits her and being rude about everything you do.

If she is not paying a retainer to keep the place open and this is stated in the contract then she is in breach of contract. For this reason you can terminate with immmediate effect. Habving said that I would also make sure that you have sent her a letter pointing out that she is in breach of contract and that the retainer needs to be paid or the place will no longer be available as she has breached the terms of the contract.

I would then see what happens if she pays the retainer then I do not think you can issue the 4 weeks notice until the children return (or is this just holidays?). If she does not pay send her a letter to state that the contract has been terminated on the grounds that she has breached it by not paying the retainer and that you will legally persue these monies, through the court if she does not pay what is owed but the places will no longer be available.

Find nicer parents from your waiting list and be happy. This is work you should enjoy not dread the appearance of one parent who has no respect for you or what you do. GOOD LUCK:thumbsup:

flora
12-06-2008, 07:16 PM
I would get rid! and take on the other children

Ditto, you defo don't need parent like this!!!

Trouble
12-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Ditch her:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Banana
12-06-2008, 07:42 PM
End the contract and get someone else!

Its just not worth it!
x

jaja
13-06-2008, 02:50 PM
i argree with everyone else, end the contract and get new nice parents, she sound like a right old witch ! (sorry but she does) good luck xxxx

ruby
13-06-2008, 03:03 PM
i agree have a word with her and explain that she is not honouring your contract and if it continues then you will have to terminate it.

but to be honest i would have end the contract before now especially as you have children waiting
you don't need the hassle to be honest

cathy

chez1373
13-06-2008, 03:06 PM
END THE CONTRACT.................................