PDA

View Full Version : Clarification please

handeme
04-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Can someone help my clarify.

From September ratios and variations.

This is my understanding, from September the general number of children you can have has not increased, if your registered for six it remains at six. How you organize the children you care within the allowed six has changed.

For instance I have two children of my own, one schoolie and one in EYFS so this takes my numbers down to four and allows me to have two more EYFS children and two more schoolies. Should one of my exisitng children decide to change hours or they have a sibling as long as I am able to manage I am able to go over EYFS numbers without a variation but my total number of children must not go over six.

If for instance I already have five children already, three EYFS and two schoolies (including my own children) and I have an enquiry for a 1 year old am I allowed to take it on? I won't be over my allowed six but will be over my EYFS numbers. Do I have to request a variation because its new business?

Also, someone has mentioned to me that our own children don't count in our numbers?

Thank you x

Ant_h18
04-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Hey, are own children will count and as what I understand it basically stays the same only the raising 5 you don't need to get a variations maybe wrong. But think on all new certification it will on there.

So don't think you would be allow

Can someone help my clarify.

From September ratios and variations.

This is my understanding, from September the general number of children you can have has not increased, if your registered for six it remains at six. How you organize the children you care within the allowed six has changed.

For instance I have two children of my own, one schoolie and one in EYFS so this takes my numbers down to four and allows me to have two more EYFS children and two more schoolies. Should one of my exisitng children decide to change hours or they have a sibling as long as I am able to manage I am able to go over EYFS numbers without a variation but my total number of children must not go over six.

If for instance I already have five children already, three EYFS and two schoolies (including my own children) and I have an enquiry for a 1 year old am I allowed to take it on? I won't be over my allowed six but will be over my EYFS numbers. Do I have to request a variation because its new business?

Also, someone has mentioned to me that our own children don't count in our numbers?

Thank you x

blue bear
04-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Your own Children do count in numbers.

Increasing numbers in eyfs age bracket is not for new business, only for existing families and should be exceptional circumstances.

So if you have 3 in eyfs and 2 school aged children all under 8 and you get a new enquiry for an eyfs child you still cannot take it on.

However if you have various part timers and one family needs you to have lo who is in eyfs for an extra morning so they can attend a funeral and it takes you to 4 eyfs and 2 school aged children and you have risk assessed and checked with all families concerned then that would be ok.

handeme
04-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Fabulous, that's what I thought. There is conflicting information been given to childminders in my local area so I wanted to just double check.

X