PDA

View Full Version : accounts and charges for paperwork/cleaning

watgem
03-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Hi everyone sorry if this has been asked before but when doing your accounts do you charge for paperwork and or cleaning and if so what do you charge approximately per week?

aly
03-08-2012, 10:06 PM
do you mean claiming against your expenses?..no you cant, the only thing is payign for paper - buy a ream of paper in tesco about £2-3

and the cleaning products, you cant charge any other wya....if i got what i think you are saying...

Carol M
04-08-2012, 06:56 AM
My teenage daughter cleans childminded spaces, childminding toys and equipment for me each week I pay her £10 which I put as an expense.
Carol xx

watgem
04-08-2012, 07:15 AM
lovely thank you that is what I meant:)

hectors house
04-08-2012, 05:29 PM
My teenage daughter cleans childminded spaces, childminding toys and equipment for me each week I pay her £10 which I put as an expense.
Carol xx

I do this too!

If you mean can you claim back anything for the time YOU spend doing accounts and cleaning, then the answer is no - as you would have to pay yourself and this would be income which you would be taxed on! This is why I and others employ our teenagers to do it - as we can claim it as an expense and the teenagers don't have to pay tax on their income.

aly
04-08-2012, 10:10 PM
I do this too!

If you mean can you claim back anything for the time YOU spend doing accounts and cleaning, then the answer is no - as you would have to pay yourself and this would be income which you would be taxed on! This is why I and others employ our teenagers to do it - as we can claim it as an expense and the teenagers don't have to pay tax on their income.

That was what I was trying to put ..lol