PDA

View Full Version : Im Newly Registered & New on here!

claudschildcare
03-08-2012, 01:05 PM
H everyone

I recenlty Registered as a Childminder and began work a couple of weeks ago, I love it! :clapping:
I have a few queries Im hoping you may be able to help me with, I have a teachers 2 children starting with me in September for 4 days a week, do many of you charge during the holidays-maybe a retainer? is half fee about right?
Also do many of you offer discount for siblings?I have 2 brothers starting over 4 days but they are only together for 2 of the sessions as the older one is in part time nursery, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks and I think this forum will be a great aid in my up and coming career!! :)

cathtee
03-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi and welcome, To answer your question about teachers, you are taking them on knowing that it is term time so i personally wouldn't take a retainer as i often take on holiday only children, but if your worried about loss of earnings you could work out full years fees for tto and devide over 12 months and have equal payments throughout the year. The other question I used to give discounts but have stopped, if you are to be having lo when not at nursery then you could charge a full days fee for him as he will be taking up a whole place and full fee for younger child.

I hope this helps if not someone else may come along with a better answer, and good luck with your new career:)

Smiley
03-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Yes you can charge a retainer (I charge half fee) if your service is still available but parents choose not to use it

janminder
04-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Hi and welcome. I have two teacher families and dont charge a retainer for the holidays then I know that I dont have to be available and can easily fit in my school children that need all day care.

nannysue
04-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

BucksCM
04-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi and welcome to a great forum:thumbsup:
I don't have TTO children, but i know that the charges can differ and advice is already given.
I don't give sibling discount. 2 children, 2 spaces.

Good luck with your new business:thumbsup::D

miffy
04-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Hello and welcome.

If you are going to work all year round then yes I would charge a retainer for the holidays (half fee is usual).

I don't offer sibling discount - both children are taking up a valuable space.

Miffy xx

claudschildcare
02-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks everyone, I decided to charge a half fee during holidays and the parents were happy with that especially as I am going to take my 4 weeks holidays during the school holiday period.:laughing:
I am finding this site a great help and hope to meet some new childminder friends :)

jelly15
02-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks everyone, I decided to charge a half fee during holidays and the parents were happy with that especially as I am going to take my 4 weeks holidays during the school holiday period.:laughing:
I am finding this site a great help and hope to meet some new childminder friends :)

This is exactly what I do too with teachers. I take two weeks off in the summer hols and the two Christmas weeks.