PDA

View Full Version : Another deflating visit

JCrakers
03-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Well....After another visit from the Improvement officer about NEF I'm left feeling deflated again wondering why I'm doing this job. She said even though I received a good from Ofsted in March they need to be sure I'm at my peak ( which I'm obviously not , otherwise I would have received an outstanding)

Then I'm wondering why a preschool down the road was able to offer NEF with a satisfactory Ofsted grade?

My paperwork is ok but needs changing to their way of doing things. Specific forms have to be used. I shall start this when I have a new child in Sept. I have to do an action plan which is straight forward enough.
She highlighted the fact that I don't get out to support groups, this is because the local support group isn't supportive. I know I'm lonely in my job and she has just brought this home to me. :(
I don't know any other childminders in my town even though there's a huge amount. I know a few to say hello to at groups. I'm usually ok with my own company but seem to have been running on automatic. Now I realise I need some adult chat but its so hard to meet people especially when they all know each other so well.

No point to this thread really, just to vent.

EmmaReed84
03-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Did not want to read and run...

:group hug:

This can be a lonely job, I am just lucky MIL is a CM... I "know" loads of CM and often invite them round, suggest outings, activities but they are all too busy or have plans... even when I asked several weeks in advance... Oh and they NEVER call me!

Perhaps I should take the hint lol

sarah707
03-08-2012, 12:53 PM
I used to go to groups but had a bad experience a while ago so I tend to do my own thing nowadays.

I do meet up with other childminders though at the park and for outings / go to houses etc and we always make it special for the children.

You have the best support group anyway - right here! :D

JCrakers
03-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the replies.
I'm just feeling swamped at he moment and the paperwork is definitely taking the enjoyment out of the job.

It seems the children can't move without me having to jot something down and the really maddening thing about it is that none of these improvement advisers have actually watched me with the children yet...its all about the paperwork and I find that really bad :(

I had to stick my two mindees in front of a dvd this morning whilst she went through everything because I couldn't hear her talking.

CH1957
03-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the replies.
I'm just feeling swamped at he moment and the paperwork is definitely taking the enjoyment out of the job.

It seems the children can't move without me having to jot something down and the really maddening thing about it is that none of these improvement advisers have actually watched me with the children yet...its all about the paperwork and I find that really bad :(

I had to stick my two mindees in front of a dvd this morning whilst she went through everything because I couldn't hear her talking.

Im feeling exactly the same at the moment. Fed up with the paperwork and lack of work. For the amount of children I have (2 days a week) and money Im earning from it, doesnt justify the amount of time Im doing paperwork. My local childminding group are equally unsupportive and Ive stopped going. Im missing the buzz of the office - I used to have quite a high powered job having to work to strict dealines etc.

Hope you are feeling better about it all soon. :)