PDA

View Full Version : Starting Out

carlytaylor1986
03-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Hello,

This is my first post on this site so apologies if I have posted in the wrong place.

I have just completed my CACHE Level 3 diploma in home-based childcare and have approx. 5 years experience in caring for children on an ad-hoc basis and working as a mother's help on a Sunday with her and her two children, one 7 and one is 8 months.

I spoke to an agency recently who said they could not help me as I said that I cared for my nephew, and before I could even finish with the childcare experience I have, she completely cut me off and started saying there was nothing she could do to help me! Which was just SO rude.

I really do want to become a nanny and absolutely adore working with children and is my no.1 passion, however, making a break seems to be unaccomplishable! I currently work as a legal secretary and want to go into childcare. Can anyone share some similar stories/success stories and how they got started and to give me a push in the right direction? Thank you :) xx

cathtee
03-08-2012, 02:09 PM
sorry can't offer any advice, but didn't want to read and run.

Good luck

Maritte16
05-08-2012, 11:21 PM
If you want to be a nanny you can, as you mentioned you had experiences, why don't you go and sign up on www.childcare.co.uk, loads of prentd are looking nannies out there. Or if u prefer to be a chidminder, better phone your local council if they offer a childminding course. They will help you along the way.
Hope that'll helps. I'm sure loads of more experienced than me here can give you advise.

Good luck & hope u achieved what u been wanting for.