PDA

View Full Version : The cheek of it

childminder54
03-08-2012, 07:23 AM
I have two children three days a week. I've just had a email asking if I can do extra two days next week. And another day the following week then week commencing 20thshe is going to her moms for a week can she offset these extra days against the week off. Sorry no. What do you think .:panic::panic:

Kiddleywinks
03-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Oh dear

I think a swift email confirming the terms and conditions of contract is in order, (including the fact that fees are due regardless of attendance) and hope the children have a lovely time at their grandparents ;)

mrs robbie williams
03-08-2012, 07:28 AM
definitely not - she pays for the extra hours (if you have them available that is) and then also pays for her time off as you are still available.
offset the hours :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: i dont think so !!!!

hectors house
03-08-2012, 08:39 AM
I sometimes let parents swap one day for another one, but stipulate that it has to be in the same week.

Surely this parent should pay for the extra days when she uses them and pay either a retainer or full fee depending on your holiday notice terms.

Once you start bending the rules some people will take advantage, so be firm now. Good luck!

nikki thomson
03-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Er no, I'm sorry I know times are hard for everyone at the moment but if you do it this time she'll be expecting it all the time and so will all your other parents. X

Goatgirl
03-08-2012, 12:26 PM
HI :),
Presumably parent knows your terms and conditions so is just trying her luck :rolleyes:.

The only time I would do this is if they were the only children I was having during the holiday week so I could have the week off. Even then, I'd be explaining that I don't usually, as stipulated in contract and policies but would on this occasion as a one off favour.

If I were still working the week parent wants to forego, I'd just politely but firmly answer that fees will still be due, as per policies contract etc :thumbsup:

Good luck :)

Demonjill
03-08-2012, 03:42 PM
I also charge a higher rate for any hours outwith the contract :thumbsup:

wendywu
03-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Nice try :laughing::laughing::laughing: