PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought the Lidl safety gates

janminder
02-08-2012, 03:42 PM
I have just bought 2 of Lidls safety gates (offer one for £19.99 two for £35) put one on the kitchen and the gate wasnt that easy to open and the lift up handle wont click back down. I tried the other one and its the same I am sure it isnt what I am doing have been using baby gates for years. Just wondered if anyone else had one and found ok.

Its the Safety1st gate described on box as quick close pressure fit gate and the company name is gepruffe sfcherheit with a GS logo next to the name.

Many thanks

lynncjt
02-08-2012, 04:02 PM
I bought some previously and found that you have to slam the gate shut and then the handle goes down automatically.

I've found them quite good as long as the top pressure points are securely attached - otherwise slamming the gate just pushes the gate out of the door frame!

HTH

janminder
02-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Did trying slamming doesnt close over bar like my other gates had to lift it closed (not that easy) and handle wont go all the way down to click. Never had problems with any of my other gates thats why I thought it might be faulty but other gate the same, just cant see what I can be doing wrong.

onceinabluemoon
02-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Did trying slamming doesnt close over bar like my other gates had to lift it closed (not that easy) and handle wont go all the way down to click. Never had problems with any of my other gates thats why I thought it might be faulty but other gate the same, just cant see what I can be doing wrong.

is it pressure mounted? Mine (not lidl) handle won't go down if they are screwed in too firmly. Maybe try loosening the 'screws' a little and see if that helps?

janminder
04-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks. Will try the gate today as have more time and will fiddle around with loosening the screws.

birch24
04-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks. Will try the gate today as have more time and will fiddle around with loosening the screws.

Yes it is slamming shut but mine only slams shut one way so try slamming it shut from both sides.

I didnt work that out until it had been up for a couple of months.

Its a good gate though handy when you have your hands full you can kick it shut!