PDA

View Full Version : What would you do

JCrakers
02-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I have a 6yr old who isn't very physical. Struggles with climbing etc.
We are going to the park and he mentioned he doesn't like the big swings.
I have said I can't lift him into the baby swings as he is too big to lift.

What would you do? Would you put a 6yr old in a toddler swing or just say no swing?
I feel mean but don't really want to be lifting for my backs sake.

BucksCM
02-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Lifting a 6yo into a swing is a no no for me too...plus they are not easy to get out of either!
How about taking something for him to play with as he's not a good climber? Unless there's more than swings and a climbing frame there?
Is this the same one that likes crafty stuff? paper and crayons/pencils...rubbings of the different surfaces?

JCrakers
02-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Yes, thanks.

I was just feeling a little mean. There's so much emphasis on doing what the child is capable of but didn't want to put my back out. :D

He is the crafty one and there is other things to do there. We have taken pad and pencils before because when the others are racing round playing tig he sits.

Thanks for your help

BucksCM
02-08-2012, 11:38 AM
He's obviously happy sitting doing his thing. One day he may venture onto the larger things and he'll have had the opportunity because you've taken him and been patient with his needs.
It's not mean not to want to lift...I suffer with my back too and I wouldn't do it...put me out for the rest of the day!!

I ordered the den making kit with my tesco vouchers as I look after mainy boys...how about taking a sheet/blanket to make a den?