PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Fudge

miffy
12-06-2008, 06:57 AM
This recipe was in the latest Creative Steps magazine - it's easy for the children to make and tastes yummy

450g icing sugar
100g white marshmallows
100g butter
2 heaped teaspoons of quality cocoa powder
Half teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons milk
vegetable oil
18cm shallow square baking tin
greaseproof paper
sieve
large bowl
scissors
saucepan
wooden spoon

Wipe the bottom and sides of baking tin with veg oil and line with greaseproof paper and oil this too

Sift icing sugar and cocoa powder into large bowl and make a well in the middle

Snip marshmallows into small pieces and put in small saucepan.Add milk,butter,vanilla essence.
Gently heat the mixture stirring with wooden spoon.

When everything has melted pour mixture into the well in the icing sugar. Beat everything together until smooth and then pour into baking tin

Spread fudge into corners of tin and place in fridge until firm (about 3 hrs)

When set run a knife round the edges of the fudge to help turn it out onto chopping board. Peel off greaseproof paper and cut into little pieces. Pop back into fridge and eat within one week.

We made this for father's day - we put it into some clear plastic pots the children decorated and they took it home as a pressie for their dads

miffy xx

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Yes I know it tastes yummy

But I am on a diet and the kids dont like this sort of stuff

We are into healthy eating haha

Angel xx

avril
12-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Ooh I like the sound of this, I'd have to make it on a Thursday with the twins otherwise I'd eat it all!!:laughing:

Thankyou

ajs
12-06-2008, 07:34 AM
duh i am so dozy i was wondering about this recipe and where i could find it but forgot that it was in creative steps
that looks delicious forget the mindees i may encourage a and c to amke some for their daddy

yum yum thanks miffy

if you have any left by tuesday bring some with you

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 07:37 AM
I want some

xx

ajs
12-06-2008, 08:00 AM
tough you only do healthy eating in your house:clapping:

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 08:01 AM
I was being sarky

I dont really want to do healthy eating ALL THE TIME

You best make me some for next time we meet Mandy ha

xx

ajs
12-06-2008, 08:03 AM
I was being sarky

I dont really want to do healthy eating ALL THE TIME

You best make me some for next time we meet Mandy ha

xx

i knew you were being sarky
so was i
i've met you don't forget:laughing:

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 08:05 AM
I knew you knew but thought I best explain for any newbies haha

You are cheeky

Dont forget to make me some !!

xx

ajs
12-06-2008, 08:15 AM
:clapping: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tatia
13-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Ooooh, proper fudge! :clapping: I love the stuff that's called fudge over here, don't get me wrong but I was confused as to me, fudge is chocolate. The recipe above sounds very similar to one I've been making since I was a kid. You can also chuck a few big spons of peanut butter in it for peanut butter fudge.

Gonna have to make some this week end.

mjw
13-06-2008, 03:08 PM
We made the creative steps fudge and it was yummy! and so easy to make too.
Mary:thumbsup:

childminder54
23-07-2008, 03:43 PM
i like fudge thanks for that

veronicaxx

ajs
14-06-2009, 04:01 PM
thnaks for finding this recipe again miffy, i am bringing it to the top again so others can make it if they fancy.
we will be making it tomorrow fantastic gift idea, i was wondering what to do xx

miss muffit
14-06-2009, 04:03 PM
sounds yummy ...will have a go at making some

charleyfarley
14-06-2009, 04:14 PM
I made something similar for a mindees moms birthday recently and it was scrummy :clapping: well you do have to taste it :laughing:

Carol xx

Toothfairy
17-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the idea.
We had a go making this today, I added a few raisens to mine.
It looks realy yummy, I've been realy good and not tried any yet. :D

Tatia
18-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Ooooooh! That's how we make fudge in The States (only with granulated sugar, not icing)!!! I'm gonna give this a go. Sounds dee-lish and has put me in the mood for chocolate now.

sweets
18-06-2009, 08:14 PM
WARNING...

I made this today with mindees and it is far too nice!! I feel really sick at mo as have eaten loads, hope there will be enough left to package up with mindees tommorrow for their dads. I made a plain lot and a chocolate lot, next time i will halve ingrediants as i have a fridge full! lol

ajs
18-06-2009, 08:17 PM
WARNING...

I made this today with mindees and it is far too nice!! I feel really sick at mo as have eaten loads, hope there will be enough left to package up with mindees tommorrow for their dads. I made a plain lot and a chocolate lot, next time i will halve ingrediants as i have a fridge full! lol

snap and then gave all dad's an extra load for the mum's to try it too as i didn't want any left here

sweets
18-06-2009, 08:19 PM
snap and then gave all dad's an extra load for the mum's to try it too as i didn't want any left here

I should have done that!

god i feel sick :laughing:

Nicky
03-08-2009, 12:00 PM
We made this fudge this morning and its yummy! Kids loved making it and its so easy to do!

Don't think it will last long!

Tam's Tribe
03-08-2009, 01:54 PM
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove fudge!!!

Thanks!

deeb66
03-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Sounds yummy

I will have to give that one a try :thumbsup:

Dee