PDA

View Full Version : How to get forms signed

JCrakers
02-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Morning,

Quick question. :D
A few months ago I had a lot of children taking medication so I filled out an unusual amount of medication forms for parents to sign.
One child in particular gets picked up by grandparents and they can't sign the form because they dont have parental responsibillity. So does it remain unsigned overnight until parents drops off child?
Potentially leaving me open to problems?
What do I do in this situation? Do I send the form home to be signed?

singingcactus
02-08-2012, 10:47 AM
I would still have the grandparents sign. I know I sign all forms for my minded kids when I collect them from nursery/school and I have no familial attachment to the kids at all.

buildingblocks
02-08-2012, 02:03 PM
If parents are not picking up whoever picks up signs but I always write in daily diary times and amounts given so parents know when last given

sarah707
02-08-2012, 05:26 PM
I ask whoever collects to sign - then ask parents to counter sign when I see them.

Like BB I also write it in the diary to inform parents.

The revised EYFS does accept that we might not be able to get parents to sign straight away but states that we must, in requirement 3.44 -

'inform the child’s parents and/or carers on the same day, or as soon as reasonably practicable.'

It is the same for informing them about accidents as well.

Hth :D

JCrakers
02-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Muchos gracias :D

That's what I do, just wanted to check in case I was doing it wrong. I have two copies one for home, one for me.

miffy
02-08-2012, 09:15 PM
I would also send something home with the child to say when the last dose was given or email parents this info so that they know.

Miffy xx