PDA

View Full Version : Free entitlement question.

Toothfairy
02-08-2012, 08:05 AM
The NCMA keep pestering me about registering to provide the free entitlement for 2 and 3-5 yr olds but it works out £1hr less than I charge.
I know it sounds petty but I have 3 mindee's that this would effect, so that's £3hr I'd be down.
It works out at £76 week I would be down by which is a lot of money and I know we are not allowed to ask families to make up the short fall.
So going back to my question, do we have to offer the entitlement?

I suppose I also run the risk of loosing the mindee's if I don't as they may move to someone who does, so I could loose out either way?

mushpea
02-08-2012, 08:25 AM
if it was less than my hourly rate then I wouldnt offer it, and if they choose to send their child to a preschool you can still charge the parent whilst they are there so you dont loose out as you cant filll the space and they would probably need you in the hols when the preschool is shut, if they leave you all together then you can take on new mindees.
I offer it but it works out £1.10 more than my hourly rate so for me its worth it but as I said if it was less then I wouldnt offer it.
As far as I know you dont have to offer it, the problem some of the minders in our area have is they want to offer it but need the diploma or nvq3 in childcare but the course is now not funded so they have to pay in excess of £1000 to do the course!