PDA

View Full Version : A huge THANK YOU to Carol M

Penny1959
01-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Today was the second day of having 5 under 5's.

The first day - last Friday - Carol came to my house as arranged bringing one mindee with her. Worked out fantastic (part from fact she refused any money)

Today my eldest DD (also a registered childminder) was booked to come to assist - BUT my GS2 was not well and not wanting to risk all the mindees getting the bug I told her not to come and rang Carol.

AND Carol was having a day off and planned some baking - so I said not to worry would sort something (heaven knows what as other assistant in Chester at moment). Was just pondering if should send one home, or phone Ofsted or think of a plan - when Carol text 'I will come she said - can bake another day. Within 10 mins of text she was on doorstep.

What a star - giving up her day off to help me - and again refusing any money

Thank you Carol - you are a true friend.

Penny :)

rickysmiths
01-08-2012, 11:03 PM
It is so lovely to have a true friend who is there in an hour of need. You are both such lovely ladies I wish I lived closer to you :thumbsup:

tialil
01-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Treasure that friendship you have. You are so lucky :)

miffy
02-08-2012, 04:58 AM
What a smashing thing to do Carol, especially on a precious day off. I also have no doubt that Penny would do the same for you if needed. It's lovely that you have such a great supportive friendship. :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
02-08-2012, 06:28 AM
After meeting CarolM I can honestly say what a lovely lady she is :thumbsup: and what a wonderful friend you have :thumbsup:

As Miffy said I'm sure you would do the same for Carol if needed Penny, you have such a good friendship :)

Carol xx

breezy
02-08-2012, 06:53 AM
Thats wonderful, what a wonderful friendship you both have :thumbsup:

Carol M
02-08-2012, 06:53 AM
:blush::blush::blush:
Anytime Penny. I know you would do the same for me.
And we had a good "reflective " discussion as I need support with some challenging behaviour(mindee and DH :blush:)
Carol xx

desiderata
02-08-2012, 06:58 AM
Its true when they say "True friendship is priceless "" thats a wonderful thing to do Carol xx

FussyElmo
02-08-2012, 08:14 AM
I knew that she was going to turn up to help. You are both lovely ladies and have a true friendship and thats rare :D

Penny1959
02-08-2012, 02:42 PM
:blush::blush::blush:
Anytime Penny. I know you would do the same for me.
And we had a good "reflective " discussion as I need support with some challenging behaviour(mindee and DH :blush:)
Carol xx

Well support is 'my thing' as you know Carol. The mindee issue - yes could give support.

I am also pretty good with support about DD's having had 4 myself and over 34 years experience of DD's

BUT DH - despite 35 years experience - I really am not very good in this area - and certainly my self assessment about understanding DH's, and developing next step plans for DH's - is that I am inadequate!!! I really don't get it - so sorry not much help in the DH department - their behaviour baffles me at the best of times.

However I am good at listening - and that article in childcare mag that was on my kitchen table - although nothing to do with DH's did have some useful reflective practice ideas.

Penny :)

Carol M
03-08-2012, 08:45 PM
She knows me soooo well :laughing:
Tonight Penny left two cases of cider on my doorstep :D
Good job I'm not working tomorrow :laughing:
so... Thank YOU Penny
Carol xx

charleyfarley
03-08-2012, 09:05 PM
She knows me soooo well :laughing:
Tonight Penny left two cases of cider on my doorstep :D