PDA

View Full Version : Playroom envy!!!

green4lynn
01-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Have just Googled 'Playroom ideas' and now have serious playroom envy! There are some amazing playrooms on there that I can only dream about!

I use my dining room and conservatory, but at the weekend most of the toys get put away and the house reverts to a family space! My girls are 12 and 17 so no need for toys to be out!

I wish I had a room that was just for me and my little ones! Feeling a little lacking in get-up-and-go at the moment and need a kick up the bum! I thought changing things round in the dining room might work, any ideas how I can liven things up a bit without impacting on my family too much? Hubby can be a bit of a grump about "stuff everywhere".

Lynn x

Happy Bunny
01-08-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm like you I like my front room to be mine in the evening.

I am doing my downstairs toilet funky though LOL having jigsaw lino and different coloured walls.

My kitchen/diner has union jack flags everywhere due to the olympics and I have paintings that the children have done on my walls.

Would love a huge playroom though

Bluebell
01-08-2012, 08:45 PM
me too!!!my home needs more space - or a dedicated playroom or conservatory would be lovely!!!
I did have a section that had a big bright play mat that could be put away and the toys arranged along 3 sides so it was kind of enclosed it looked great but then we got rid of the play mats cos they always got dirty easily and put a big storage unit in the corner to put away some of the craft/toys stuff - now it looks like a normal home so I wish I could make it a bit more special again. the things I had to make the space have been pushed back against the walls or removed. One of the things - the play kitchen is now in the garden.
I could have a conservatory or sheltered outside space but it would eat up too much of my garden as that is not very big!!
My downstairs is all in one so very much family orientated adn I leave it all out - packed it away at Christmas when I was closed for a few days.

jumpinjen
01-08-2012, 08:52 PM
I've got five round mats that were bath mats from Ikea, lovely bright colours and non-slip base for my laminate floor and they make my lounge look bright and lovely in the day and roll up and tuck away when I want it back again!! Really cheap too, not sure if they still have them though x

hectors house
01-08-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm really bad, I go up the wall with my husband and daughter if they leave their shoes lying around but this week we have had to eat tea at just one end of the table because I haven't wanted to demolish the train track on it. (on table so crawling mindee didn't trash it).

Mouse
01-08-2012, 09:58 PM
I've got five round mats that were bath mats from Ikea, lovely bright colours and non-slip base for my laminate floor and they make my lounge look bright and lovely in the day and roll up and tuck away when I want it back again!! Really cheap too, not sure if they still have them though x

Last time I went to Ikea they only had square ones. Still nice colours, but I prefer my circles!

miffy
02-08-2012, 05:06 AM

I have these too, we also use them for different games. I've got the stools from Ikea too that someone posted about to store books in. You could also get some display boards that you can fold up at the end of the day, I think s&s services do them.

Miffy xx

Helen Dempster
02-08-2012, 07:22 AM
I know what you mean...I've stopped looking on there now as I just get myself really depressed after! lol. I'd love to have the space for a playroom, it would be soooooo good, but alas I only have dining room/living room and so not much space at all. I'd love a bigger garden too!

oh well, keep dreaming......zzzzzzzz

mushpea
02-08-2012, 07:40 AM
we have a conservatory that doubles up as a playroom, its big enough so that one end has the toys in it all the time , they are in plastic drawer towers and the flooring that end is the alphabet mats from argos so bright and colourful and safe then the other end we have a sofa and table for us to sit and chilll in.
at night any toys brought in to the lounge go out in the 'toy area' so our house is our own.
The only bit that stays in the house is the draws that the children put their stuff in like finsihed art work etc, these are in my dining room although I ideally I would prefer not to have them but ofsted though it was a lovley idea so anything to keep mrs o happy .

kel1983
02-08-2012, 08:19 AM
We use the loung and dining room. I would love a room we could close the door to at night but cant see it happening anytime soon.

We hve large colourful rugs on the lounge floor which are rolled up and put away in the evenings. Toys are also put away in the evenings. The wooden play house in the garden is piled high over the weekends as I just want all out of sight.

We have got a tad lazy with the dining room though. The table cloth always stays on and occassionally forget too even take the booster seats off at weekends.

watgem
02-08-2012, 04:28 PM
me too i only have my living room and nowhere to store toys so many of them have to remain in the living room, and now my kids are getting older, they do moan about the toys and how they want a normal living room like their friends:(they also moan about the stairgates and i have to nag them to shut them-feel like such a bad mother a lot f the time and then I remember that I pay for the electric for all their games/consoles etc and their bus tickets for school and school trips/christmas pressies/birthday pressies etc, but I would really love a dedicated playroom just for me and the mindees