PDA

View Full Version : Unusual foods...

LittleLegsCM
01-08-2012, 02:53 PM
So this will probably be a daft question to some but want to check.

I've got my p/t mindee today 9-6 (shes normally here mon, tue 9-3) for dinner I had originally planned fajitas. Her mum says she's never had them before so I was going to steam a bit of chicken separate to the seasoned bits just in case.

HOWEVER! My son (same age, 22mths) isn't 100% keen of fajitas himself so he's having haggis (his absolute favourite!) and potatoes. I know LOs mum won't be able to answer her phone between now & 6 but was considering giving LO a bit of haggis too- I know quite a few people would class it as an unusual food so would you give her some or not??

Just asking as I know some people can be funny with foods like haggis/black pudding etc

sarah707
01-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Is it on your menu? Do parents know you might give it to their child?

We let parents know what their children might be eating with us and they can make comments if they are unsure :D

singingcactus
01-08-2012, 06:50 PM
I'd serve it. Have served it on many occasions in the past. I've never thought anything of serving it. I have also served black pudding - although I am mean with that cos it's mine, all mine!!!!!!

LittleLegsCM
01-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Is it on your menu? Do parents know you might give it to their child?

We let parents know what their children might be eating with us and they can make comments if they are unsure :D

It's not on my normal 'planned' menus that I would do for mindees but that's because all the mindees I would do dinner for are extremely fussy eaters! Also mindee meals weren't planned for today anyway as I wasn't meant to be working till last night.

Well I gave her a little bit, she loved it, even asked for more! Mum was fine with her having some but was surprised at how much she enjoyed it!