PDA

View Full Version : New conditions .....again im sorry.

mr man
01-08-2012, 01:53 PM
I see it that I am able to do this as off September.

I have my 3 under 5s and 2x 4 year olds who will be in school all day.

I have another 4 yr old leaving me but dad has asked can I help with the stagger intake for two weeks, but I do not go to his school, he will be leaving once settled in school.

I'm sure I can do this, if i ve understood it correctly.
If is not new children, it is siblings and children who I have already looked after.

I do have two assistants available if they are not working, but new conditions means I can do this without an assistant and contacting Ofsted.
this is how it looks -
Monday 4 under 6 ( 2 being in school) and my 5 over 8s my usual ones.
Tuesday 3 under 6 ( 2 being in school) and my 5 over 8s
Wednesday 5 under 6 ( 2 being in school and 1 at nursery plus 1 under 1)
5 over 8s

Thursday 6 under 6 ( 3 being in school and 1under 1) and my 5 over 8s
Friday 6 under 6 ( 3 being in school , 1 nursery and 1 under 1) plus my 5 over 8s

I've not included O in this as he is leaving it for me to help with his stagger days I will need one of my assistants on Thursday and Friday ?.....

I do hope I'm right, thanks for any help and clarification .

sarah707
01-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Sorry I'm struggling to understand it all but the rules are no more than 6 under 8 EVER.

As long as you stick with that, of those 6 under 8 you can vary the conditions of your registration in exceptional circumstances so you can have, for example, 4 under 5.

Once children are in full time school they are classed as 5 for your ratios - not while settling in.

If you have more than 6 when including older children you must check about planning law.

I think you know all that judging from your post - why not put it into a table format and fill up all the age ranges - see it if works that way?

Hth :D

watgem
01-08-2012, 05:25 PM
also you need to be aware of your insurance-MM is a maximum of 10 children including your ownxxx

Chatterbox Childcare
01-08-2012, 06:55 PM
also you need to be aware of your insurance-MM is a maximum of 10 children including your ownxxx

Are you sure it includes you own as I have 18 (work with DH) and that doesn't include my own and when I was a sole trader it was 12 (not my own) but that is with NCMA

hectors house
01-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Think with MM it is 10 or 12 but when I just renewed my house building insurance with Norwich Union they told me I couldn't childmind for any more than 6 at a time - I argued with them and said I was allowed to have 10 or 12 on my liability insurance and they said that was the terms of their house insurance - so maybe you had better check that your building and contents insurance company knows how many you are minding.

JCrakers
02-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Sounds ok to me, but I'm struggling to get my head around it to.

For week beginning the 3rd Sept i have a new child starting so I will have
2y,3y,8m old but now a mum of two children who usually attend thurs/Friday needs me to pick up her 4yr old dd from school before lunch as they are staggering intake. She's a teacher and needs to go into work as it the first day back for her.
She also wants me to have DS 18m.

I've said yes to the 18m old meaning I will have 4 EY but said no to dd as after risk assessing I couldn't manage all 5 on the 10min walk back from school.
So now I don't have to leave the house meaning I can manage the 4 EY.