PDA

View Full Version : Childcare voucher schemes for parents

mrslcs
01-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Hi there,

So sorry if this is in the wrong place. I am brand new and it took me 15 mins to see how to post!! :) Admin feel free to move if this is wrong...

I have just started childminding and have one child. Both of his parents want me to sign up to their work voucher schemes.

Am I right in thinking it should only be one of them? Or can I sign up to both?

My NCMA membership isn't through yet or I would call them! Thanks x

NI MINDER
01-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Hello and welcome. Yes both parents can claim. My vouchers are normally in my bank a/c a few days before end of month and then I invoice parents for the difference that they owe me.

sarah707
01-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Both parents claim - do you know how they work??

They allow parents to get money tax free to pay you - so a percentage of their salary is given to you via the voucher and not taxed.

Some of my children who have 2 parents responsible for my money share the vouchers between them.

Hth :D

karensmart4
01-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Some of my parents use 2 as well, so it is the norm :)

rickysmiths
01-08-2012, 06:25 PM
I have families where if both parents work they both access the vouchers through work.

They can pay a maximum of £243 per month each to the voucher company if they are on the lower tax rate.

£124 per month if they are on the higher tax rate.

I have had parents paying different amounts if they are on a different tax rates.

bunyip
01-08-2012, 08:58 PM
I agree with previous posts.

No reason not to call NCMA, especially if you've submitted your membership application and are just waiting them to process it. I did so when I was pre-reg, and they were very helpful. They probably can't offer legal advise, but will probably be happy to offer general advice about this sort of thing.

miffy
01-08-2012, 09:05 PM
You can join as many voucher companies as you wish - if parents work for different employers, they may also have different voucher companies.

Payments can be made directly into your bank account every month which can save a lot of hassle.

Miffy xx