PDA

View Full Version : omg

lulubelle
01-08-2012, 07:03 AM
One of my mindees parents knows we are planning on having another baby next summer, (hopefully July sort of time) she is now freaking out about me being really ill/having baby early, basically anything that can possibly happen because she can't possibly loose her childcare before then because of her uni course! I do understand this must be a worry but I can't seem to explain to her that I am not going to put my life on hold because of her! We have planned as hard as we can when would be the ideal time to have number 3. I am part of a fantastic childminding group and have reassured if anything happened I would do everything possible to help her find new childcare. I have had 2 very good/relaxed pregnancys and with Ander worked up to 3wks b4 and back after 6 wks!

ps she knows because she is a 'friend' yes i know i shouldnt of said anything etc etc

wendywu
01-08-2012, 07:25 AM
So what if you decided to walk out in front of a bus, take up mountain climbing without a rope, you get the idea.

NO ONE can guarantee that they will have 100% health for 100% of the time, pregnant or not pregnant.

I mean what if you fall for quads and that will take all your spaces up and you will have to give minding up completely :eek:

You have offered back up so tell her to calm down :panic:

AgentTink
01-08-2012, 07:31 AM
As everything is just a maybe at the moment the only advise I have is to just let her concerns wash over you. There is nothing that you can now say to her to stop her worries as she is obviously just thinking of worse case scenarios. Just nod and say we can deal with all of these things once I am actually pregnant.

lynnfi
01-08-2012, 07:31 AM
This reaction is totally unacceptable and so so rude! How dare she! I would have got really angry if s.o had come to me with what if questions about my pregnancy!
She wouldn't have uttered such ideas twice I can tell you! This is abusive.

And if she is worried she can find a back up, as one of my parents did, and not annoy you with negative feelings.

lulubelle
01-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Thanx guys, i have basically just replied that once again i will do everything i can to help etc,she makes it sound like its just her but could her hubby not pull the odd sicky if he really had too??? I can understand where she is coming from but i just wanna say to her what if u decide its all too much and give up uni?get so stressed you end up off sick for months?
Both times before i have fallen very quickly with no probs but hey i am nearly 30 now it might not be so easy (tho i am praying i do as i dont really want an aug baby and i wanna be back to work in the sep!Lol)
He children will have to have a new minder next sep anyway as my eldest starts school and will be going to a diff school so i wont be able to collect from both!

hectors house
01-08-2012, 11:21 AM
I had my third child when I was 30 too and had always fallen pregnant first month of trying, so I planned my third to be born as close to summer hols as possible as childminded for 2 teachers back then. Bingo fell first month, baby was due 14th July and worked up until my due date - she was born on 18th July, I had the summer hols off and started back full time in Sept.

Isn't it amazing that when they announce their pregnant - we all have to say how wonderful, what great news when really we are thinking oh no, am I going to lose a mindee or gain one here. I have got one pregnant mum at the moment - I kept her place open (3 days a week) for 9 months last year when she was redundant, now she is pregnant existing child is cutting down with me to go to Nursery and I have no idea yet when she is going on maternity leave and if she is going back to work.

Hope things work out ok for you, it's nice to be wanted but they don't own us!

caz3007
01-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Goodness me and you arent even pregnant yet :panic: Ok you say you fall quickly, but no one knows when its going to happen and its a while away yet. I would ask her to calm down and that you can all take it one step at a time and hope all goes to plan :laughing:

And if push comes to shove she will just have to settle LO with new minder a bit earlier, its not the end of the world if she is leaving anyway cos of school

smurfette
01-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Try to let it wash over you, just keep re iterating that you will do all in your power to help, or change the subject and don't let it stress you out if you can help it

Of course you can't and shouldn't change your plans for her this is your business and your family!

lulubelle
07-08-2012, 02:50 PM
well shes going to have a shock-found out yesterday i am already pregnant! (about 5 weeks) obviously not going to tell her yet. Was even a shock to us as not planned yet but hey a happy shock and i will quite look forward to having next summer off on maternity!

Two Princesses
07-08-2012, 02:58 PM
congratulations! :jump for joy:

hectors house
07-08-2012, 03:09 PM
:clapping:Many congratulations - we won't tell her.

my daughter is just 12 weeks pregnant and I'm going to be a gran or a nanny or a nana - I can't make up my mind!

AliceK
07-08-2012, 03:11 PM
well shes going to have a shock-found out yesterday i am already pregnant! (about 5 weeks) obviously not going to tell her yet. Was even a shock to us as not planned yet but hey a happy shock and i will quite look forward to having next summer off on maternity!

Congratulations, that's fab news :clapping:

xxx

mabel
07-08-2012, 03:14 PM
absolutely unacceptable - you have the right to be pregnant with a huge dollop of congratulations thrown in !!!

Parents do make us feel terribly guilty sometimes !

smurfette
07-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Aw congrats delighted for you both!!!

AgentTink
07-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Many congratulations such lovely news :) take care of you and your family as that is what is most important x

caz3007
07-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Congratulations, I would wait till you are showing to tell her...lol

lulubelle
07-08-2012, 04:34 PM
thank you, yes i will be waiting until i totally have to tell her, only prob is i tend to get big quick and then barely grow! Hers are term time only so not back until oct anyway!
due date is approx 5th April, would it be crazy working until 28th may/end of term???