PDA

View Full Version : childmiding insurance

lulubelle
31-07-2012, 08:31 PM
sorry another question, i have been offered a part time respite nanny type job that i can do in hours i am NOT childminding, does anyone know if i would be able to use my current childminding insurance for this or if i would need nannying insurance? it will only be for 12 hours a month but in the childs own house because he is disabled and needs all his equipment in place. i would also technically be employed by them

sarah707
31-07-2012, 08:58 PM
You need to contact your insurance company for advice :D

Donkey
01-08-2012, 06:50 PM
theoretically rather than 'nannying'

you could be a 'babysitter' and the PLI you have with either NCMA or MM would cover it

NMCA have a checklist you would need to complete, double check if your with MM

I regularly babysit for a couple of my kids :)

you can still be self employed though why would parents be 'employing you'

??

good luck but as sarah says double check :D

lulubelle
02-08-2012, 05:19 PM
theoretically rather than 'nannying'

you could be a 'babysitter' and the PLI you have with either NCMA or MM would cover it

NMCA have a checklist you would need to complete, double check if your with MM

I regularly babysit for a couple of my kids :)

you can still be self employed though why would parents be 'employing you'

??

good luck but as sarah says double check :D

i would be employed through the local authority as it is basically respite care for the parents to have a break. i called ncma and i can use my childminding membership and just take the nanny insurance so £25 instead of £60

miffy
02-08-2012, 10:19 PM
i would be employed through the local authority as it is basically respite care for the parents to have a break. i called ncma and i can use my childminding membership and just take the nanny insurance so £25 instead of £60

That's interesting. Good luck with the new job

Miffy xx