PDA

View Full Version : another variation question

lulubelle
31-07-2012, 08:14 PM
I have a query for work for a friday which i currently have space for, a current childs mum has mentioned that she may have to change his days/increase his days in the future (she is at uni and doesnt know when the change will come into place but she doesnt go back til october so wont be before then) could i therefor take on the new child knowing that there is a possibility of change in the near future? obviusoly it could change differently so wouldnt effect it anyway and i really dont want to turn the work down for this reason.
Also i am confussed about asking the local council etc, where do i find out about this? FIS?

sarah707
31-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Take on the new child now because you are being approached for care.

If hours / days change in the future you will be able to change the conditions of your registration for continuity of care.

There is a document about variations from Sept in free downloads at the top of the forum.

Hth :D

lulubelle
31-07-2012, 08:28 PM
i have red it and red it but worried that if the change happened really quickly ofsted may question it etc and knowing this mum she will tell me 1 week and expect it in place the next (shes a bit ditzy bless her!)

sarah707
31-07-2012, 08:58 PM
i have red it and red it but worried that if the change happened really quickly ofsted may question it etc and knowing this mum she will tell me 1 week and expect it in place the next (shes a bit ditzy bless her!)

Not sure what you mean by 'really quickly'.

Once the child is established then from Sept you will be expected to consider the variation as you would any other for continuity of care.

It shouldn't take more than a day or two to do a risk assessment and chat to other parents to check they are ok with it :D

lulubelle
31-07-2012, 09:02 PM
i just mean if the new child started aug/sep and then the current mum said half way through sep that the days were changing that ofstead may question it? i dont want them to think i have done it on purpose but i also dont want to turn down work incase it doesnt happen!

blue bear
31-07-2012, 09:19 PM
I see what you are saying, you don't want people to think you set it up. But your situation does happen and ofsted will have come across it before, it's happened to me twice and ofsted never questioned it when I put the variation request in.
Make sure you follow the new guidance, you can't turn work away just in case.