PDA

View Full Version : Well I never .....

Penny1959
31-07-2012, 07:24 PM
thought this would happen!

Like most LA's Worcestershire have been delivering some briefing sessions on the revised EYFS.

I have to admit I didn't go - but my friend Carol M did and as always Carol gave me some feedback.

As a result of Carol telling me about some misinformation I contacted my ex colleague and friend Barbara - so that the information could be corrected.

And as a result of this Barbara asked me if I would take a look at the guidance document that Worcestershire had developed.

It was not good! It was confusing, it was misleading, it was contradictory and worse of all - it gave the impression that more paperwork was needed.

So I gave feedback - lots of it and I did not word it very positively!

Barbara then rewrote the guidance taking on board all of my comments (without the authority to do so) and sent it in to those that make these decisions to be approved.

Anyway getting to the point of my post - I have heard today that Worcestershire HAVE APPROVED the document and all the changes I suggested and as rewritten by Barbara - and it will be issued next week :D

So as I say - I never thought that would happen - but it has

Penny :)

sarah707
31-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Why on earth did you think it wouldn't happen Penny?

Your work is very well respected and you know your stuff!

I am so pleased for you! :clapping:

Bluebell
31-07-2012, 07:29 PM
does it make you wonder why all those people get paid all that money and yet you know more than them and have ended up doing the job for them!
Well done - I hope you get the appropriate thanks and recognition.

FussyElmo
31-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Take a bow Penny.

Well done you and think of all the cms you have helped :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Mouse
31-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Well done Penny.

Our LA is doing absolutely nothing :(

Penny1959
31-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Why on earth did you think it wouldn't happen Penny?

Your work is very well respected and you know your stuff!

I am so pleased for you! :clapping:

Because I used to work for Worcestershire - and they never listened to me then in fact due to office politics I was very much the 'under dog'

So it is a surprise that they are listening now

charleyfarley
31-07-2012, 07:40 PM
A well deserved pat on the back for you Penny :clapping::clapping:

Perhaps now you aren't working for them is the reason they are listening to you if that makes sense :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Penny1959
31-07-2012, 07:46 PM
A well deserved pat on the back for you Penny :clapping::clapping:

Perhaps now you aren't working for them is the reason they are listening to you if that makes sense :thumbsup:

Carol xx

You could be right Carol - and now they get my advise for free - still if it help other local m's make sense of it - it will be worth it

Carol M
31-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Has Barbara told them she has rewritten with reference to your input? I do hope so.
I think I'm cut out to be a spy :laughing:
Carol xx

Chimps Childminding
31-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Well done Penny!!!

watgem
31-07-2012, 08:44 PM
well done Penny and welldone Worcester, we have had diddly squat:(:(:(

rickysmiths
31-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Well Done Penny! I hope Barbara paid you for doing her work?

Penny1959
31-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Has Barbara told them she has rewritten with reference to your input? I do hope so.
I think I'm cut out to be a spy :laughing:
Carol xx

Yes she did Carol - I checked with her as did not want to blow my own trumpet about it in case got her into trouble. I wonder if certain other people will give me credit?

As to being a spy - you are already my number one spy for all things Worcestershire!

Penny