PDA

View Full Version : Safety film

desiderata
31-07-2012, 03:01 PM
One of the new minders I am supporting has been told she will have to cover her door with safety film as she has small glass panes in it , she doesnt have a problem with that but just wonders if she has to do both sides xx

hectors house
31-07-2012, 03:15 PM
If the door is less than 10 years old and they bought it pre-glazed then it should have safety glass in already.

If they don't know then I would think they should put film on both sides of door, but sometimes one side of glass if it has a pattern isn't completely flat and sticking film on could be tricky.

mrstom
31-07-2012, 04:23 PM
We've got four of these godforsaken doors on the ground floor (nightmare to keep clean but that's another matter!).

The glass in them has a tiny BS number printed on them which the inspector at my registration inspection said was okay. I was worried I'd have to put film on each pane (15 per door!)

sarah707
31-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I had to do this with a door some years ago - yes you do both sides so if it shatters the glass is contained in the film.

It looked a mess though we couldn't get the bubbles out and as soon as we could afford it we replaced the door :D

desiderata
31-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Thank you for your replies xx will let her know both sided to be sure xx